Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
upload_2018-11-16_13-20-35.jpeg

Darling’s pads for the Whaler games.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Why is it Brindy and Dundon’s decision and not Waddell’s?

It's more painting the trade like it was unilaterally Waddell's idea to trade their best goalscoring winger for a high 2nd and a 19 year old "project". Whether it's a collaborative process or authoritarian regime, the 'Canes GM doesn't have much if any power over the direction of hockey opps.

That's why Francis was fired for "creative differences", the failure to find someone outside the org, and why Waddell didn't want the job and has publically said he's going to step down. The job is to be the face for Dundon/the braintrusts decisions, not your own.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That happening on F26 always takes (at least) two to tango.

Cash at least won't become the problem in signing him if Dundo is winning to pony up for proper people like he has signalled.

Ponying up for the proper people will always be the question about Dundon: will he pay for the Star? Gate community members don't get there by throwing around money.

Edit: Shoot. Wrong time for my post-writing to breakdown.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Well without any scoring help they may be in big trouble. In little china shops what we have may be enough but this is the big leagues

I'm also worried about whether this borg GM setup works long-term. Does Dundon have the type of ego where he has to be The Commander?

Is he going to flip the first time he sees Eric Tulsky wore tennis shoes to work?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm also worried about whether this borg GM setup works long-term. Does Dundon have the type of ego where he has to be The Commander?

Is he going to flip the first time he sees Eric Tulsky wore tennis shoes to work?

You fear it would end up being worse firestorm that the one that's currently making people escape from L.A.?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ryan Spooner traded for Ryan Strome. Like Pearson/Hagelin deal - two players who have been bad this year offensively. Not sad the Canes are missing on these pieces but I'd like to see them do something to attempt breathe some life into the offense. Both Spooner and Strome would have been 3C upgrades.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ryan Spooner traded for Ryan Strome. Like Pearson/Hagelin deal - two players who have been bad this year offensively. Not sad the Canes are missing on these pieces but I'd like to see them do something to attempt breathe some life into the offense. Both Spooner and Strome would have been 3C upgrades.
If you're just looking for a 3C, I hear we have one coming back soon enough. I agree with what seems to be the Canes strategy of actually looking for a higher end player.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If you're just looking for a 3C, I hear we have one coming back soon enough. I agree with what seems to be the Canes strategy of actually looking for a higher end player.

Soon enough might not be soon enough. Depending on your goals.

Canes are reportedly interested in Nylander but I don't see anything saying they are specifically "looking for a higher end player". Those type of players generally are not available, especially in the middle of a season. Nylander is an exception only because he is holding out.

Teams with rentals (Duchene, Stone, Panarin, etc.) will wait until they are out of the Playoffs to trade away talent that is helping the team. Not sure the Canes will be interested in that route given Waddell's recent comments.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I seem to recall other reports of us looking for a scoring forward. As you say, we may not get it done, but I got the impression they're looking beyond just Nylander.

I feel like Rask would have been our biggest candidate for the types of change of scenery trades made the last couple of days, and he wasn't an option for that. I don't think we'll fall completely out of anything by the time Rask gets back since he seems to be on the right path to come back in a few weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad