News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Good article about Aho, the scouting of him prior to the draft, and his next contract from Custance on the Athletic.

Sebastian Aho is the budding star Carolina is willing to wager on

I really liked this part:

Their faith in Aho is deep because it comes from years of studying him. Dundon often talks to Aho’s dad, who is the GM of Karpat in Finland. Harri Aho serves almost as a volunteer scout for the Hurricanes, with the Carolina owner tapping into his network and knowledge of players over there. Sometimes, during those conversations, it simply becomes about Sebastian and how great a kid Harri raised.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Foegele emerging as big surprise for Hurricanes

I saw this article before on my phone, but re-read it now. I loved this part.

Vellucci remembers calling Foegele during the 2017 Ontario Hockey League playoffs when he was playing for Erie.

"I told him I knew he wasn't on the top power-play unit but that I noticed he wasn't pouting about it and just playing his game," Vellucci said. "I told him I was proud of him for that, that he was putting the team first and wanted to the team to do well.
"He said to me, 'You noticed that? I'm sure happy somebody (knew) that.' But that's the kind of kid he is.
"He's such a good person; that's one of the things you notice. Selfless, not selfish, that's the best way I can explain it."

I like this for 2 reasons. First, because that's the type of player Foegele is. Secondly though, Vellucci calling him to compliment him during the playoffs. Maybe a lot of coaches do that, but I thought it was pretty cool by Vellucci.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
“Welcome back Scott! Since you haven’t faced any NHL shots in a while, we thought you’d like to start against one of the teams generating the most shots. Good luck...”

John and Tripp are always saying how difficult it is for goalies to get in a groove when they don't face many shots. So at least he won't have that problem on Friday.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I can't imagine they won't play him since he's been recalled. If they didn't think he was ready I imagine he would be getting another start with Charlotte on either Friday or Saturday.

I would have preferred to see him have one more game in Charlotte, and come back Sunday. They obviously feel he's ready to go, but I would think easing him in would be a better route than literally throwing him to the Sharks. Wtf do I know though.

hold-on-to-your-butts-9822482.png

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Waddell speaking at the Stormtrackers lunch today. Will ask about Darling.

Canes trying to get more STM (partial or full) in Stormtrackers. 6 lunches a year at PNC with guest speakers from the team. Most give a short intro and just take questions. $30 per lunch with the tentative speaker schedule on the website. Currently 40-50 attending.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe Darling is doing exactly what he is told to do? Maybe they have been working with him in practice or other on ice sessions, thought he was ready and wanted to see how he held up in a game? If that’s the case, then 1 vs. 2 games in Charlotte might not matter.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Waddell speaking at the Stormtrackers lunch today. Will ask about Darling.

Canes trying to get more people in Stormtrackers. 6 lunches a year at PNC with guest speakers from the team. Most give a short intro and just take questions. $30 per lunch with the tentative speaker schedule on the website. Currently 40-50 attending.

Ask him to compare Dundon and ASG.

Or if he'll confirm the rumor that he and kovy agreed on a long term deal in Atlanta, but he couldn't guarentee the team would stay so kovy wouldn't sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad