News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How many years has MM been doing this? I figured he was just intensely nervous at first, but he's been doing this long enough that it seems he would've figured out how to relax a bit. His facial expressions border on sheer terror.

You would think so, but maybe there's a reason he's been on radio for so long? Maybe he's just one of those guys that freaks out in front of a camera? Just speculating.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Pronman: Top 100 NHL players under 25

Pronman has Aho at number 12 on his top 100 NHL players under 25 list. He's moved up from #16 last year.

"I’m a longtime member of the Sebastian Aho (the forward, probably the defenseman as well) fan club, and he’s continued to impress. He was Carolina’s best player last season in his 20-year-old campaign and was dominant at the World Championships. He has all the tools to be a consistent top scorer between his IQ, hands and speed. While he’s delivered most of his value in the NHL from his offense, I believe there’s some defensive value to get out of him as he matures physically."

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Also Slavin at #33 up from #38.

"Slavin has been a very good defenseman for the Canes the past few years. He’ll never get the big power play minutes on the same team as Justin Faulk, but he’s a very smart two-way defenseman who can move the puck at a high level because of his feet and instincts, and make stops. He had a 55 percent Corsi rating this past season despite starting a significant amount of shifts in the defensive zone."

And TT at #37 up from #59.

"The 2017-18 season was Teuvo Time (sorry, not sorry) as he delivered his first major season scoring-wise, which I thought he’d be capable of when he was a prospect. Teravainen is a dynamic playmaker when he’s on his game, with outstanding vision and a high skill level. He’s never going to be a great physical/defensive forward, but he’s a power play threat and someone who can drive play offensively."

And Pesce at #88 down from #85...

"Pesce never put up giant scoring numbers, but he’s a very steady and smart defenseman. He’s has solid Corsi numbers given he gets tougher minutes and is a very good penalty killer. Carolina’s had deep defense units, so it’s hard to gauge his offensive potential. I wouldn’t call his skill high-end by any means, but he has good instincts and pace to his game."

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
After he got fancy and went glove side in the shootout only to be shut down by Julie "The Cat" he had to go into witness protection. He then enrolled in Eden Hall Academy, under the alias of Scott, and became the varsity goalie to get back at the Ducks and slay his own personal demons.

Until now I did not know he played in the third one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad