News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I still think hang on to Skinner until the deadline. If he and the team are both doing well let him finish what he started, get this team into the playoffs and go from there. Yeah he may walk after that but I think the taste of success will keep him around as long as the offer is fair. If the team sucks and he doesn't, flip him at the deadline. If he sucks and the team doesn't, let him walk. If he and the team both suck, who cares no one will bother watching by that point

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
that doesn't preclude:

"hey jeff, how does ottawa sound?"
"hell no, not in a thousand eternites"
"super"

it does mean that trading him is not as sure a thing as I've presumed/ lebrun has insisted. It's just strange to have decock come out and publically deny the rumor.
“Vetoing trades” to me sounds like directly going to Jeff with everything nailed down, saying you’ll be a Manitoba Airplane if you sign here, and Jeff telling them to go pound sand. I would think they would have come to him to gauge interest on which teams he would go to already, and they’re working with those teams to make a deal. Strickland’s tweet sounds further along than Luke’s tweet, and I’d trust Luke more based on where he works

Wonder if we’re one of these teams

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
“Vetoing trades” to me sounds like directly going to Jeff with everything nailed down, saying you’ll be a Manitoba Airplane if you sign here, and Jeff telling them to go pound sand. I would think they would have come to him to gauge interest on which teams he would go to already, and they’re working with those teams to make a deal. Strickland’s tweet sounds further along than Luke’s tweet, and I’d trust Luke more based on where he works

I agree, just pointing out the lawyerspeak in Luke's tweet.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
skinner has vetoed multiple trades per andy strickland, who covers the blues for fox sports midwest. didn't indicate if he wants a specific destination or just wants to stay in Raleigh for one more year.
As a Blues fan, I really don't put much stock in what Strickland says.

No way he has this information if nobody else has put it out there.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The Hurricanes interested in a goalie with a .931 SV% who doesn't cost them any assets in trade? Gee, whoever could have foreseen that one...

Anyway, he's far from the worst option out there. From what video I've watched, he seems to be good laterally with decent athletic recovery. More a butterfly battler than a hybrid like Cam, but he's not a big body and flailing style like Darling, either. I could see it working, but he's also not young, so more a stopgap for a tandem (ideally with Cam) than a long term solution.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
that doesn't preclude:

"hey jeff, how does ottawa sound?"
"hell no, not in a thousand eternites"
"super"

it does mean that trading him is not as sure a thing as I've presumed/ lebrun has insisted. It's just strange to have decock come out and publically deny the rumor.

It was the Blues tv color guy that started the rumor that Skinner refused to waive his NMC which is the interesting thing. There was a lot of talk that the Canes and Blues were chatting a bunch on the draft floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad