News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What a stupid thing to tweet. You have plenty of time to research your vote so saying he was too influenced by others is a cop out. Apologizing for your vote because you get flack for the vote is weak.

I don’t think Slavin deserved a vote so it’s not that, but just think it’s silly to apologize for your vote.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don't get it. What about being non-qualified by Buffalo screams "long-term solution in goal" to anyone? His numbers are fine, but every description of him I've seen reminds me of Scott Darling.
He’s kinda crazy. Not in a “haha all goalies are somewhat crazy” way. In a “I own 150 snakes/reptiles” type crazy.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I don't get it. What about being non-qualified by Buffalo screams "long-term solution in goal" to anyone? His numbers are fine, but every description of him I've seen reminds me of Scott Darling.

That’s fair logic. I don’t know much anything about him. His QO would have had to be $4+ million based on his last contract so Buffalo might have been interested just not at that price. Depending on the options (Grubauer gone and no trades available) he might not be the worst guy to bring in on a 1 year, ~$2 million “prove it” deal. Not many places he’d get a legit chance of being a starter.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That's been my thought process too. The Sabres have their goalie situation as figured out as we do. Even at a high QO, you shouldn't give up on a guy if he could be your solution.

At least Grubauer comes from a goalie factory in Washington, and they are only getting rid of him for salary purposes, and having a previous first rounder available to them.

As I said recently, I'm not sure I want the bigger goalie this time either. That's probably not completely fair, but that's where my thoughts are.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I watched a buffalo/Toronto game near the end of last season. Lehner got lit up like a Christmas tree. If ward/darling had given up any of the goals he did, people here would be lining up to with a cross and some nails. I really don’t think he’s the answer. If he signs here I might throw a chair through a window. Then jump of the window.

He’s kinda crazy. Not in a “haha all goalies are somewhat crazy” way. In a “I own 150 snakes/reptiles” type crazy.
The dude is a freaking Viking. Send him back in time to the eighth century and he’d be first in line to go raid England

Pyj9Aeh.0.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad