News and Notes XXI: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
He still makes a choice to do it. It is his fault. If you think our tax laws are stupid, there are very few who have more responsibility than the mega-wealthy people like Karmanos who buy politicians. I expect him to do it, sure, but he is still to blame when he actually does it.

right, but i just find it really difficult to blame him when it isnt his job even remotely to care. thats why we elect actual politicians to enact policy changes, even if all of them are corrupt and greedy.

this is treading too close to actual political discussion which is dumb and bad though so im gonna stop now

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I would imagine that Stemper is going to get 1 game in the AHL to see how he feels. If symptoms recur he'll shut it back down and if he stays symptom free he'll be back up. It's just one of those deals where you don't want to dress a player in an NHL game and they find out they're not right during the first period and you've got a short bench for the rest of the game.

I would like to see him line up with Skinner once he gets back. I seem to recall they played well together at times last year. It would probably be cool to have a guy like McGinn on that line as well to get his ass in front of the goalie and close down sight lines for opposing goalies for Skinner and finish the odd rebound.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Hasn't Jeff Skinner had the best stretch of goalscoring in his career, and been one of the best goalscorers since such and such a date in the NHL with Ryan as his center?

Maybe that's why Ryan is still there?
pretty sure Skinner can score with anyone who will give him the puck, there is problem only when others are not giving him puck (more skilled players), and he is not making chances for himself.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I would imagine that Stemper is going to get 1 game in the AHL to see how he feels. If symptoms recur he'll shut it back down and if he stays symptom free he'll be back up. It's just one of those deals where you don't want to dress a player in an NHL game and they find out they're not right during the first period and you've got a short bench for the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, that's what happened. It seems Stempniak left during the first period of his game in Charlotte tonight.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So I've resisted for years getting the new jersey even though I love that they added the laces, but I couldn't get over the Soviet Army team look circa 1980. But I just shelled out the big ones for the new Addidas (Slavin) and I couldn't be happier. What a sharp look. IDK how it could be better. Plus the material and texture of the fabric is great too.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So I've resisted for years getting the new jersey even though I love that they added the laces, but I couldn't get over the Soviet Army team look circa 1980. But I just shelled out the big ones for the new Addidas (Slavin) and I couldn't be happier. What a sharp look. IDK how it could be better. Plus the material and texture of the fabric is great too.

The 2013/14 to 2016/17 home reds are by far and away the worst uniforms this franchise has ever won. Glad they ditched those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad