News and Notes XXI: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Canes are calling up Jason Shaya (Checkers radio guy) to the NHL broadcast booth on December 19th to replace John Forslund for one game.

Reactions: Unsustainable

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yep, outside of some political implications, that whole thing is much ado about nothing. I'd be doing the same if I was in their position.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Looks like McKeown is going back to Charlotte. Have to think that means Pesce is ready/close to it. I didn't see the AZ game but he played great against Florida

We need to keep it in perspective. McKeown played 8:49 5v5 and I think less than 10 minutes total in the FLA game with 90% offensive/neutral zone face offs. He did well in that very limited role. Against AZ, he played even less as they shortened the bench.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I was looking at some starts to see where everyone has landed so far and it is staggering how few DZone starts the Canes actually have. Only 4 players have started in the DZone more than OZone (Slavin,Kruger, Nordy, JStasl) but all but Staal are within 4 total zone starts from being 50%. Jordan is the outlier at 44%. On the other end of it, not Rask and Ryan are over 70% OZone starts and Skinner right behind. Those 3 are 10,11, & 12th in the league.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Actually, kinda is his fault that the laws are dumb. Lots of rich people spend lots of money on politicians who keep giving rich people lots of money via tax loopholes and cuts. Our owner is no exception.

obviously

but that is the political climate we exist in so i am not sure why we would expect anything different. hard to hold it against him specifically when it isn't illegal and everyone else is also doing it

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
obviously

but that is the political climate we exist in so i am not sure why we would expect anything different. hard to hold it against him specifically when it isn't illegal and everyone else is also doing it

He still makes a choice to do it. It is his fault. If you think our tax laws are stupid, there are very few who have more responsibility than the mega-wealthy people like Karmanos who buy politicians. I expect him to do it, sure, but he is still to blame when he actually does it.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
He still makes a choice to do it. It is his fault. If you think our tax laws are stupid, there are very few who have more responsibility than the mega-wealthy people like Karmanos who buy politicians. I expect him to do it, sure, but he is still to blame when he actually does it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad