News and Notes XV: Get Well Soon Nestrasil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
100k'ish a year in a career that'll probably end around 35 is not a lot of money even if he's got a couple million in the bank. Got to pay for years 36-85 still. If he gets money for something as frivolous as retweeting ads, good on him.

Not only that, but he followed everyone that followed him with some program and used the same program to gain followers. Later, he used that same program to unfollow most of his followers. Just a weird situation. I think he's trying to become a reality star.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
So now we've got one rumor that now we're heading to vegas according to some nhl pa "insider" along with the other one that talks between Quebec are still going on. Maybe they'll just share the team every other home game.

Sarcasm aside, I really just want the NHL just announce the stupid expansion or not already.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
So now we've got one rumor that now we're heading to vegas according to some nhl pa "insider" along with the other one that talks between Quebec are still going on. Maybe they'll just share the team every other home game.

Sarcasm aside, I really just want the NHL just announce the stupid expansion or not already.

Yeah, that's not going to happen until after the Cup finals as they don't want to distract the already questionable media coverage.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not sure, doesn't really matter to me as long as we're not charged for the tickets (we won't be).

Like the fact that it's us vs the Sabres. Basically what's going to be the Easts two rising teams over the next couple years, though both still a year away from the playoffs unless we pull some serious UFAs/RFAs at the draft/free agency.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I'd love to get RHN here but kids like Slavin, Hanifin and Fleury are at least three years to replace Faulk. Faulk is true #1. We need that type of player if we want to return to the playoffs.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hard for me to take an "article" like this seriously when the writer misspells names multiple times.

Also, Justin is apparently a good #2 d-man who is a liability on defense. :laugh: Then how come all you idiots always want him so much?

It's almost like Edm media actually believes that if they keep talking about this that they can make it happen. Losers.

I'd love to get RHN here but kids like Slavin, Hanifin and Fleury are at least three years to replace Faulk. Faulk is true #1. We need that type of player if we want to return to the playoffs.

Ditto on RNH, I know he's become a punchline on the main board but he's a really, really good player. I'd be thrilled to have him. Just not at the expense of Faulk, at least not unless they're willing to add another significant piece.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
You're assuming people know who Zach Boychuk is. I don't think AHL All-Stardom and having the dubious honor of being picked up by three teams on waivers in one season quite clears that hurdle.

I think in his hometown they probably do.

My parents just got done doing a business deal with a guy named John O'Brien. Who is John O'Brien, you may ask? Well, John O'Brien was a nobody, drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the early 90s. He was a real good hitter but slow-footed, bad fielder so he never even sniffed Triple-A. He played mostly small-time (very small time) independent league baseball, leading the Alexandria Aces to four Texas-Louisiana League championships in 10 years.

And now it just so happens that this John O'Brien, who had been playing minor league baseball for 20 years, with no college degree and no experience in the financial world, is vice-president of an investment firm.

And good for him, it's cool, I'm just saying these guys have a leg up on the rest of the world. Even if you're just a dirt-league switch hitter with no glove and can't run. Doors open.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I actually thought that was a pretty fair and balanced and pretty complementary write-up on Faulk. Says he's very good in a lot of categories and the article spends 90% of the time talking about this positives. The only negatives they list is that he takes a few more risks than we'd like defensively (but goes on to say that will will improve with age), is a little leaky 5v5, and isn't the best option on the PK, all of which are true.

The #1 vs. #2 thing is nothing to get worked up about. As far as I know, teams still need 2 guys on their top pairing and 1 has to play on the right and 1 on the left. Who cares what they are called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad