News and Notes XLI: Brind'Amour Only Chews Peppermint

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I mean, he may very well not be. And I hope he isn't, quite frankly.

But- yes, Russians do seem a bit more nationalistic than many cultures. And if Biden had been literally the only leader I have ever known in my life, hell, I may very well be down with him. And many Americans were down with the invasion of Iraq despite it being done for no legitimate reason merely because they didn't want to feel/appear disloyal.

I just think it's more likely than not that he is fine with Putin and even the war. He's wisely not said anything about it...but if folks are going to become inquisitors because a dude's wife hit the like button, I'm just saying maybe they should start being concerned about if Svech has correct opinions about things.

As someone with a couple Russian friends here in NC. I don’t think it’s a given Svech is pro Putin. There’s a lot of Russians that hate his guts. When the Ukraine-Russia war started my friend was calling her cousins, siblings, parents almost daily to let them know how much Putin is a POS and was lying to them. She found ways to talk to her cousins to let them know they weren’t actually fighting Nazis. I think a lot of Russians that end up here learn to realize how terrible Putin is.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
As someone with a couple Russian friends here in NC. I don’t think it’s a given Svech is pro Putin. There’s a lot of Russians that hate his guts. When the Ukraine-Russia war started my friend was calling her cousins, siblings, parents almost daily to let them know how much Putin is a POS and was lying to them. She found ways to talk to her cousins to let them know they weren’t actually fighting Nazis. I think a lot of Russians that end up here learn to realize how terrible Putin is.
So from your experience then do you think there is a large gap in opinions of Putin between the Russian diaspora and the folks who live there? And how long do you think a Russian typically has to be living here to start to get peeled away from the Russian narrative?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
So from your experience then do you think there is a large gap in opinions of Putin between the Russian diaspora and the folks who live there? And how long do you think a Russian typically has to be living here to start to get peeled away from the Russian narrative?
I mean my friend has only been in the US for 6 years. But she’s mentioned she didn’t like him before he left. She’s also got friends back home that are very against him. But the older generation that relies on tv media are being fed incredible amounts of misinformation there in Russia, so it’s all they really know.

Svech came to North America when he was 15/16 years old, where you really start forming what you stand for. His brother was here years before that too. I would not be surprised if he’s got a more North American view on Putin. But that’s me speculating.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yea, he is pretty funny. He said he finally hit puberty so his offseason workout went to the next level. He spent his offseason trying to lose fat while adding muscle. Intermittent fasting.

Said he worked on protecting the puck like Aho does, instead of dangle around everyone.
Jarvis like a lot of us have been saying will get to the next level once he puts on his man strength. His nose for the net and hockey sense make him seem for me a lock for a top 6 role barring injury. With man strength I wouldn't be surprised if he can hit 80 points (not this year, but as his peak).

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yea, he is pretty funny. He said he finally hit puberty so his offseason workout went to the next level. He spent his offseason trying to lose fat while adding muscle. Intermittent fasting.

Said he worked on protecting the puck like Aho does, instead of dangle around everyone.
Yea, this just makes him more untouchable even if he doesn't become more than a 50-60 point guy.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I haven’t listened to this podcast but seems like Jarvis is a pretty funny dude. Seems like every time they put a mic on him he does something worth a laugh or two
Reminder:

1695157483361.png

That's not the image of a guy who takes himself too seriously!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Hey just a FYI for all STMs....

The NHL just updated their app and it is much more of a pain in the ass to get to your tickets through it. With that said, I saw a heads up on Reddit that the Canes now have their own app, and sure enough they do and its basically just the NHL app, but only for the Canes, with a one click entry into your tickets. Highly recommend you to download it today and not have to scramble with it later.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

The NHL just updated their app and it is much more of a pain in the ass to get to your tickets through it. With that said, I saw a heads up on Reddit that the Canes now have their own app, and sure enough they do and its basically just the NHL app, but only for the Canes, with a one click entry into your tickets. Highly recommend you to download it today and not have to scramble with it later.

Low-key kinda glad I didn't renew my STM

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

good call, the NHL app was non-functional, canes app ez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad