Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
They stole my idea from last playoffs!

Don't ask questions if you don't like getting answers, a year later.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Whaaaaaat?

Beginning Thursday, April 27, 2023, listeners will hear changes in afternoons from 3 to 6:30 p.m. on 99.9 The Fan.

The new program format will focus on fast-moving, engaging local sports with a single host. The host for the new programming will be announced later.

Wednesday, April 26, was the final live show of “The OG with Joe Ovies and Joe Giglio.”

Given the timing, they found out after they went off air today, and didn't even get a chance to say goodbye on air

Last edited:

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Maybe Joe was a bit too controversial? Ill be honest after adam left 6pm to do his own show i stopped listening to joe.

They probably lost too many listeners.

Edit: or maybe joe was too expensive and they want fresh talent they dont have to pay as much?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Edit: or maybe joe was too expensive and they want fresh talent they dont have to pay as much?

Or, and here me out, no one gives a f*** about the radio

These seem like the same problem.

The new program format will focus on fast-moving, engaging local sports with a single host. The host for the new programming will be announced later.

Welcome Tucker Carlson!

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I enjoyed hearing them speak. They were maybe not as knowledgeable as the best Canes fans on hfboards here, but I think they did a great job. Imagine having to speak for hours every day in front of a live audience. Imagine having to cover all sports - basketball, football, hockey, college sports, and so on. Imagine having to know all the latest trades, games, and controversies. They were really good about being jack of all trade type talking heads. Plus, they had a good sense of humor to them.

I get that they weren't perfect, but I 1000% enjoyed hearing my local guys than hearing the ESPN national talking heads spend all of the hours talking about what Aaron Rodgers had for breakfast.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Ovies has been a fixture in this market for 20+ years. I'm confident he'll turn up again somewhere; maybe on one of the non WRAL stations doing sports. I could see him taking on a Triangle-centric role for the Athletic, Canes and college sports related.

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Joe ended up being part of the Canes pregame and postgame crew next season. He'd certainly produce more content working for the Canes than Scott Burnside did.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Ovies has been a fixture in this market for 20+ years. I'm confident he'll turn up again somewhere; maybe on one of the non WRAL stations doing sports. I could see him taking on a Triangle-centric role for the Athletic, Canes and college sports related.

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Joe ended up being part of the Canes pregame and postgame crew next season. He'd certainly produce more content working for the Canes than Scott Burnside did.
Wait … what? Burnside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad