News and Notes XLI: Brind'Amour Only Chews Peppermint

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I get that, but 3 things come into play here:
1) Pacioretty is 34, Svech is 23, that matters in recovery.
2) While ACL tears aren't a good thing, a ruptured Achilles is a much worse injury from reconstruction and recovery POV
3) I doubt the the Canes will take chances with a young, cornerstone of the franchise early in the season. Patches was on a 1 year deal and getting him back and integrated into the team prior to the playoffs was important vs. Svech, who is signed long term and less important at the start of a season where there is still a ton of hockey to play.
Also, Svech has been actively skating in the informal practices. Non contact, but he's already practicing, and we still have a month until opening day. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready at this point.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Breaking news!

My oldest and her BF are flying up to Cleveland for the weekend. Seems Rod the Bod is on their flight going up for the kids championship. Guy behind them said Burns is on the flight also.

Flying coach, on Frontier.

Dudon so cheap!!!
sounds about right for Rod. There used to be reports as a player than when other guys were dropping $50-100 for a lunch on the road, he'd be dropping $10-12.50 at Chipotle instead.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
My kids BF and the coach
IMG_3914.jpg
IMG_3914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad