News and Notes XIV: Leading the NHL in Fifths per Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I think it could be a couple of things. First, maybe McClement will be back, which would remove the need for Ryan. Secondly, Peters said he wanted to get looks at a number of guys over this stretch so maybe this is a chance to do that. McGinn has been up here a few times so I think they know what they got in him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For those that didn't see what Bleed was referring to. My guess is McClement is back so they sent Ryan down..and want to look at Woods since they've seen a lot of McGinn.

Also, while the Canes are really out of playoff contention, the Checkers are still pushing for the playoffs so sending Ryan and McGinn back down helps them out.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=872397

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has recalled forward Brendan Woods from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Woods, 23, has scored eight goals, earned seven assists (15 points) and holds a Checkers team-best plus-6 plus/minus rating in 48 games played this year. The Humboldt, Sask., native is in his third full professional season, and has scored 26 goals and earned 27 assists (53 points) in 160 career AHL games with Charlotte. The Hurricanes drafted Woods (6’4”, 210 lbs.) in the fifth round, 129th overall, in the 2012 NHL Draft. He made his NHL debut with Carolina during the 2014-15 season, playing in two games with the Hurricanes.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Actually just one misguided mope thinks that but it is kinda funny all the same.

It's amazing how some take the trade board seriously, i.e. Seriously enough to come back here and complain/make fun of posters.

It literally could be an 11 year old boy you're (not you SC) arguing with.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
It's amazing how some take the trade board seriously, i.e. Seriously enough to come back here and complain/make fun of posters.

It literally could be an 11 year old boy you're (not you SC) arguing with.
Yep and let's not act like there haven't been similar posts from Canes fans here and on the trade board.

I know you didn't mean. I'm 15 but look much older, have a Center Ice subscription using my dad's credit card, and the reading comprehension of a 15 1/2 year old. :sarcasm:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yep and let's not act like there haven't been similar posts from Canes fans here and on the trade board.

I know you didn't mean. I'm 15 but look much older, have a Center Ice subscription using my dad's credit card, and the reading comprehension of a 15 1/2 year old. :sarcasm:

my dad makes more money than yours

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Good lord am I old

I've wasted my life
0.jpg

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Takeaways just mean you're a ****** possession player. Trade him for a 4th, his value is as high as it will ever be.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah, it's not like you have Karlsson, Turris, Ryan, and Hoffman all rounding out the top five with 100+ takeaways each.

I'd still take Skinner over him in a redraft though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad