News and Notes XIV: Leading the NHL in Fifths per Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
What's the deal with the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday schedule?

7Af0t4I.png

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
They wanted to load up on Tu/Th in order to party harder than the standard M/W/F schedule

Yep. Standard Operating Procedure. We all know you go light on Fridays because all the good drink deals at the clubs are Thursday nights, when the weekend really begins. Gotta give the Canes credit for going full on upperclassman on their scheduling this semester.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That is a great read Bleed, thanks for the link. And it's great insight into something you would never be able to see, or measure. A defenseman having to make the correct read before the guy crosses the red line, but not only on the opponents, but on your own forwards as well.

Even though it's only 2 games, I really think that in addition to being a good skating vet, a reason that Liles probably can adapt quickly to the B's is how he was used here. Even though the systems are different, as documented in that article, he was arguably the most versatile D-man on the Canes. Right side, Left side. Third pairing, 2nd pairing, 1st pairing. Faulk, Hainsey, Jordan, Pesce, etc..as partners, PK and PP, Defensive role with Pesce, etc

The guy literally did a little bit of everything here.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So Versteeg was part of the brawl between the LAK and ANA yesterday and was apparently injured as he didn't return to the game after that. Hopefully it's not serious.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The Kings should stop trading with us.

After the Jack Johnson deal, I think they are still indebted to the Canes. While Johnson was never as good as people anticipated with LA, he then brought the Kings Jeff Carter, who has been fantastic for them and a key cog in their championship runs.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Good article. Kind of makes me wonder how much more development Hanifin needs in the "hockey sense" department. Seems as though he's making the wrong read in terms of when to gap up, which results in a LOT of 2v1s as they get by him.

That is a great read Bleed, thanks for the link. And it's great insight into something you would never be able to see, or measure. A defenseman having to make the correct read before the guy crosses the red line, but not only on the opponents, but on your own forwards as well.

Even though it's only 2 games, I really think that in addition to being a good skating vet, a reason that Liles probably can adapt quickly to the B's is how he was used here. Even though the systems are different, as documented in that article, he was arguably the most versatile D-man on the Canes. Right side, Left side. Third pairing, 2nd pairing, 1st pairing. Faulk, Hainsey, Jordan, Pesce, etc..as partners, PK and PP, Defensive role with Pesce, etc

The guy literally did a little bit of everything here.

Leafs castoff warm body pure **** defenseman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad