News and Notes XIV: Leading the NHL in Fifths per Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
[Tweet]704764419385991169[/Tweet]

for those that didn't see this. Based on what RF said at the World Juniors and this comment from Peters, it's pretty clear where they stand.

Smart enough, and good enough, and doggone it, people like him.
Signed,
Stuart Smalley

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Faulk didn't make the preliminary Team USA roster. Wonder if that's about injury concerns. With the amount of international tournaments he's played in, you'd think they'd give him a pass. I'd be pretty pissed if I was him

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Faulk didn't make the preliminary Team USA roster. Wonder if that's about injury concerns. With the amount of international tournaments he's played in, you'd think they'd give him a pass. I'd be pretty pissed if I was him

Canada named 4 D, is that how many the US named? Who were they?

PorkFlavoredTobacco

Oct 19, 2013
Canada named 4 D, is that how many the US named? Who were they?

D Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets
D John Carlson, Washington Capitals
D Ryan McDonagh, New York Rangers
D Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild

Rest of the roster:

G Ben Bishop, Tampa Bay Lightning
G Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings
G Cory Schneider, New Jersey Devils
F Justin Abdelkader, Detroit Red Wings
F Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
F Ryan Kesler, Anaheim Ducks
F T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals
F Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens
F Zach Parise, Minnesota Wild
F Joe Pavelski, San Jose Sharks
F Derek Stepan, New York Rangers
F Blake Wheeler, Winnipeg Jets

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Meh. Can't be terribly upset with those selections. Although who's the poster who thinks McDonagh is awful? He'll be pleased.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
My problem is Byfuglien. He hasn't played once for Team USA. Meanwhile Faulk has played six years straight for them in some manner and last year as an "A". And he doesn't get on. I mean it may be the injury so I'm not too upset but it still seems wrong.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So there really aren't that many quality LD for the Americans.

If I were to pick 3 guys to fill out the roster, I'd go with Faulk, Shattenkirk, and EJ.

And if you don't split up Suter and McDonagh that's going to be a nightmare with two of the RD being forced to play off sides in addition to McDonagh.

And if you do then you have something like this...

Suter-Carlson
McDonagh-Faulk
Byfuglien-Shattenkirk
EJ

EDIT: Or if you bring Fowler, that means one of Faulk, Buff, or Shattenkirk is the 7D if you want 3 LD playing.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'd wonder if Faulk said that he doesn't want to play this year. He might want more time to train/recover this offseason. Kinda like Brindy told the NHL he didn't want to go to the all star game a number of times.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
people joking about the team north america jerseys looking like the bad guys

I think they look pretty cool, sort of what I always thought our black 3rds should look like with the darker grey

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

It's about John ****ing Tortorella. I would think Faulk would get the nod over Buff and McD, but what do I know.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
people joking about the team north america jerseys looking like the bad guys

I think they look pretty cool, sort of what I always thought our black 3rds should look like with the darker grey

I want one Slavin or Hanifin to make the team so I have an excuse to buy the jersey. It looks awesome.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Faulk should be on the final roster, but for selfish reasons, I hope non of the Canes play. The games are in September, there will likely be an injury, I'd rather not have a Faulk injured to start the year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I agree. I'll be happy for any of them that get to play, but happier if they don't get the extra work load. Though I suppose that could get them in the groove for the season quicker. Who knows?

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Also voted - to be honest, even without the request, I would have voted for this question. Think this sets up for some pretty interesting/entertaining answers :popcorn:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Vote cast.

Also, I think we ALL know what the best way to eat bacon is...

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad