Recalled/Assigned: Newbury Recalled (1/25: Sent back down)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The kid is tough as nails, but this puts a lot of pressure for production on our top six, and it will be crucial to get the power play working if we're going to run a lineup that has Rupp on the third line for any significant period.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'd imagine it's to get Bickel out of the lineup and to replace him with another tough forward for Philly tomorrow. If it was done with the intention of sending down Kreider in the near future, it should have been Kolarik called up.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I agree completely, but Newbury has looked like poo every time he's been in the NHL. I'd rather give the time to the dude with upside.

He has more skill than he has shown at the NHL level. He's been tentative and scared. I guess with age, he's feeling like every call-up could be his last and he really needs to prove he can stick around and not make mistakes.

He looks so much better in Hartford. He really does look Messier-like at the AHL level. He'll never be that good at the NHL level, but down there, he skates, he carries the puck, he hits, he scores, he passes, he's an all-around good player.

I've been writing in our Whale thread that he deserves a call-up and I'm glad he's getting it. But now the Whale will really suck big time.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
How quickly we turn on our prospects when they don't set the the world on fire after their first three regular season games.

A more likely reason is that Asham is not ready to play tomorrow. Although Tortorella's post game comments suggest that he thinks Kreider isn't ready to play in the NHL yet.

Oh, I don't want him to be sent down, but it's what could happen.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Hoping this means Bickel is out of the lineup and not Eminger, who played a defensively sound game tonight.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Another Newbury callup.
Another opportunity to be completely unimpressed and wonder why there is not a better alternative.

This show has been on re-runs for quite a few seasons.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I really hope Kreider is not being sent down. He looked perfectly fine in the 1st period. He took a penalty in the 2nd period and then was benched pretty much the rest of the game. What about the countless others that took stupid penalties? I just don't think it's a fair look after just 3 games if he does get sent down.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Color me unimpressed with him..

He's lacking a lot to be a regular NHL guy..

But he has yet another chance to win me over..

Apr 10, 2012
i'd assume it's kreider-- i wonder who comes up if newbury is bust?

definitely a stretch, but would anybody be absolutely baffled if we ended up with 5d/13o? we're practically only playing with 5 anyway...

SupersonicMonkey*

Don't believe this is Kreider getting sent down. It would have happened already and been announced with the call up of Newbury.

Looks like Asham is not going back into the lineup yet, Bickel only played about 3 minutes last night.

Fourth line fill in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad