Recalled/Assigned: Newbury Recalled (1/25: Sent back down)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
glad it was not Kreider, hopefully the kid scores vs TO

Newbury is blah, I knew when he caused that fight NYR would get a penalty and it screwed them in the game

so far Newbury and Bickel caused goals . Not losses cause its on the whole team but they did screw up

This team needs a depth F and bad

Apr 10, 2012
i still don't think he should've gotten called on that instigator... don't think the first flyers penalty was a penalty either. really didn't like how this game was reffed even if it was reffed in our favor(since we have zero power play presence). we probably haven't seen the last of him, but he seems to take a dumb penalty every time he comes up

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i still don't think he should've gotten called on that instigator... don't think the first flyers penalty was a penalty either. really didn't like how this game was reffed even if it was reffed in our favor(since we have zero power play presence). we probably haven't seen the last of him, but he seems to take a dumb penalty every time he comes up
He didn't get an instigator. Extra two for roughing.

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
Torts in his presser said an important thing that I believe is showing his mindset. When asked about player performances, he said "Well, there is nobody down in Hartford to call up, so we have to work with what we have".

Everybody talks about not hitting the panic button and that's true, but my attempt at reading between the line shows that he is way more unhappy with this team and its depth then some believe.

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
do we still have devaux i know he took a cheap shot on someone (fleischman i think?) but he did play fairly well while he was here. also this isnt anything new for newbury he comes up like once a year screws us over with crappy penalties and then goes back down

Apr 10, 2012
do we still have devaux i know he took a cheap shot on someone (fleischman i think?) but he did play fairly well while he was here. also this isnt anything new for newbury he comes up like once a year screws us over with crappy penalties and then goes back down

nope, he's in FLA i believe

Vickers8

Torts in his presser said an important thing that I believe is showing his mindset. When asked about player performances so far players, he said "Well, there is nobody down in Hartford to call up, so we have to work with what we have". Everybody talks about not hitting the panic button and that's true, but my attempt at reading between the line shows that he is way more unhappy with this team and its depth then some believe.

Maybe there's some hope for Ferriero ‎

Punxrocknyc19*

Maybe there's some hope for Ferriero ‎

they should have called up Mashinster or Ferriero instead of Newbury. at least Mashinster and Ferriero can play a little and are younger.... Newbury is brutal. i never understood why he is a good player in the AHL, yet so dumb when he gets called up to NYR.. :laugh:

Ferriero scored some big goals for the Sharks in the past, and even played some in the playoffs........i wont be shocked if he gets called up at some point and might stick with NYR....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad