Recalled/Assigned: Newbury Recalled (1/25: Sent back down)

HeyRangers

May 16, 2012
I think Torts is expecting a bit of an old school throw-down to occur. Bickel, Newbury, Rupp all in the line-up.

I swear Bickel must have dirt on Torts. My guess is Halpern is sitting too. I think Kreider will get at least a couple more gamnes before being sent down.

Dec 13, 2010
this game will probably get ugly. do we know what philly's lineup looks like? i'm willing to bet they come out swinging after an 0-3 start against the rival rangers in their building. i don't think i mind it honestly, kreider hasn't been playing well and he's an easy target.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I posted this on my site last night Asham is hurt we need a lil toughness to the team newbury can take faceoffs and fight. Bickel slides back to D and Halpren sits. Krieder will not be sent down imo to young and 3 games in when other have looked just as bad.. Bickel is not a real issue Torts likes his craziness and 6-8 mintues a game dont hurt he got beat one time bad for a goal big deal we lost anyway.. The goal in boston he was on for a rebound 35 ft in slot.

Vickers8

I posted this on my site last night Asham is hurt we need a lil toughness to the team newbury can take faceoffs and fight. Bickel slides back to D and Halpren sits. Krieder will not be sent down imo to young and 3 games in when other have looked just as bad.. Bickel is not a real issue Torts likes his craziness and 6-8 mintues a game dont hurt he got beat one time bad for a goal big deal we lost anyway.. The goal in boston he was on for a rebound 35 ft in slot.

Gross says Kreids is sitting

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't think Halpern sits. I think Torts wants to have Newbury play in this game and give Kreider a couple of days to collect himself before getting him back in there against Toronto.

Vickers8

I miss John Mitchell, he played 4th line minutes, responsible defensively, won faceoffs, threw the body and worked well with Rupp

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He was fine in his limited minutes until he took that stupid ass penalty that led to the first goal against

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Newbury is somewhat useful in the AHL yet so bad in the NHL.. he sucks so bad he should retire.. im sure he really wanted his hockey career to be an AHL vet/ horrible NHL player..:p:
I'm sure you are a huge success, but Newbury is a resounding success story compared to me so I won't be judging him.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Better him than Kreider.

If we are going to be a good team, Kreider is going to have to be a part of it. Glad torts sat him last night... Too bad he learned nothing from that hideous display.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Good. Idiot was awful and got his ass beat in a fight. To think I was a fan of the call up originally. Some guys just don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad