Series Talk: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils (Rangers 1-0)

Who wins?

• Rangers in 4

• Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Devils in 4

• Devils in 5

• Devils in 6

• Devils in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Confirmed

D0166B3A-DB12-41FD-942C-15323F619E84.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
MSG playing all these highlights from the season series...

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Weren't we 4-0 against tampa in the regular season last year.

Every year, people put way too much stock into regular season games when they really mean nothing.
this lesson was taught to me in 2004 when Tampa played the Islanders in the 1st round. my dad kept harping on the whole "oh we swept them during the season"

then they got swept, or lost in 5. but I believe the former.

Reactions: Richard Banger
Jan 8, 2012
NY
this lesson was taught to me in 2004 when Tampa played the Islanders in the 1st round. my dad kept harping on the whole "oh we swept them during the season"

then they got swept, or lost in 5. but I believe the former.
The regular season is basically 82 meaningless games that are only good for individual awards. Can't derive anything much out of it when it comes to the Cup.

Reactions: FultonReed

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Every year, people put way too much stock into regular season games when they really mean nothing.
Also were 7-1 against NJ (that 1 loss was a shootout in the final game of the season) in 2008

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Definitely not a good match up for the rangers. I don’t like the way they rangers are playing going into the playoffs. They didn’t have an opportunity to rest anybody and the team doesn’t look good 5 on 5. Kane has been a total waste and the exact opposite of what you want for the playoffs. I hope he has another gear to him cause he has been a joke.

The rangers have surprised me in the past and can play different styles. Just have to see what team shows up. Game 1 is huge, devils will not lose the series if they go up in the series.

Reactions: hacksaw7

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Yup and we were 1-3 against Carolina. Means nothing. The Rangers need to set the tone physically. That's when they play their best. Hit them every chance they get.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Definitely not a good match up for the rangers. I don’t like the way they rangers are playing going into the playoffs. They didn’t have an opportunity to rest anybody and the team doesn’t look good 5 on 5. Kane has been a total waste and the exact opposite of what you want for the playoffs. I hope he has another gear to him cause he has been a joke.

The rangers have surprised me in the past and can play different styles. Just have to see what team shows up. Game 1 is huge, devils will not lose the series if they go up in the series.
The Rangers have basically been in cruise control for the last month. The took it to Tampa when challenged and I believe you will see a Rangers team that has another gear or 2 in the playoffs.

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
This isn''t an ideal matchup. The Devils team speed is going to be a challenge. I think if we play aggressively but smart, stay out of the box, and Igor dominates, we'll be able to win.

Reactions: hacksaw7

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I dont care about what team we match up against better, etc..

If this team is meant to win it all than should be no matter who they play.

The forward lines I trust against anyone in the league, the defense is a little thin, but lets do this

First team to 16 wins starts now, Lets Go

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This isn't a good matchup for us.

I think Devils take it from us.

NHL is never going back to reseeding after each round. They are pushing for gambling viewers who participate in brackets.
Stupid.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I can see this going one of two ways:
1. Devils skate circles around us and clinch quickly (my take), or
2. Trouba, Schneider, Kreider, Laffy and Lindgren grind them down

Analogously:
1. They win with blitzkreig, or
2. We win a battle of attrition

Because Carolina is in quasi playoff mode all throughout the regular season but can't raise their level in the playoffs.

Islanders will have trouble scoring goals though.
Gonna be a boring series. Basically the Isles are playing a more dynamic and skilled version of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad