Series Talk: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils (Rangers 1-0)

Who wins?

• Rangers in 4

• Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Devils in 4

• Devils in 5

• Devils in 6

• Devils in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Confirmed

D0166B3A-DB12-41FD-942C-15323F619E84.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I said it yesterday, the Rangers can’t get into a pond hockey track meet competition. They have to take away the neutral zone to slow the Devils down and they need to keep hitting everyone. Hughes is fragile he’s due for an injury. Hamilton is a giant p***y, Ovechkin exposed him in the playoffs. Keep hitting him to make him f*** up. Rangers need to play a grinding style but I can’t see Gallant making the adjustments.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Pretty much the worst case scenario bracket that could have come true.

Islanders have a great shot against Carolina.

Boston is going to make mince meat of Florida of which the latter won't give the former too many bumps or bruises to soften them up for Toronto or Tampa.

Toronto vs. Tampa is meh. Think Toronto finally wins a round this year.

And the Rangers got the worst possible matchup in the East for them outside of Boston.

Color me not happy. The only silver lining is that Jersey isn't all too physical. If the Rangers can maneuver their way past them, they shouldn't be too beat up for the 2nd round. Both Pittsburgh and Carolina wore the Rangers down in two long, physical 7 game series. The Trouba penalty in Game 3 against Tampa was the proverbial card that made the house of cards collapse last year. They were just too beat up last year to mount a punch back at Tampa.

Good luck to us. This will be a short series if the Rangers play undisciplined with and without the puck and give the Devils free reign in the neutral zone and let them use their speed. Hitting them hard, hitting them often, and clogging up the neutral zone to neutralize their speed is going to be key. This is an experienced group, though.

Rangers in 6.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Not loving this matchup. I have confidence in our group but the anxiety of a 7 game series with NJ is not really what I want to deal with for the next two weeks. I think we win it though

Reactions: haveandare

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
The most important players have looked damn good this last 10 game stretch. I like the Rangers chances, Defense just can't get caught in a bad pinch or the odd man rushes going the other way will go into the net more often than not.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
How TF did the Wild Card team in the Metro also get the best draw? The same thing happened in 2016 where the Islanders got the Panthers and we got stuck with the eventual Cup winners who hadn't lost a game in the 2nd half of the season by less than 2 goals.
It needs to go back to Top 8 make the playoffs. Just straight up the best 8 teams make the playoffs. No division winners getting higher seeds. No wild cards. Just given me old fashioned 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 4 v 5, and 3 v 6. Reseeding after each round for home ice.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
How TF did the Wild Card team in the Metro also get the best draw? The same thing happened in 2016 where the Islanders got the Panthers and we got stuck with the eventual Cup winners who hadn't lost a game in the 2nd half of the season by less than 2 goals.
Because Carolina is in quasi playoff mode all throughout the regular season but can't raise their level in the playoffs.

Islanders will have trouble scoring goals though.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It needs to go back to Top 8 make the playoffs. Just straight up the best 8 teams make the playoffs. No division winners getting higher seeds. No wild cards. Just given me old fashioned 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 4 v 5, and 3 v 6. Reseeding after each round.
NHL is never going back to reseeding after each round. They are pushing for gambling viewers who participate in brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad