• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The negativity and self defeatism of this board is disgusting.

Yes the team hasn't played to their capabilities this season, yes there are some contracted players that should be moved on to clear cap space, but what exactly is stopping this team from getting hot at the right time?

'Member when the L.A Kings fired their coach mid season and won the cup the same year? Goldfish memories.

One data point doesn't prove anything. I literally can't think of another example like that. I guess the 2006 Edmonton Oilers. I was aboard with this thinking when we were early on in the season and had a dominating stretch. But we're towards the end of the season and the team is what it is. Not trying to improve your team for the future because of a 1 in a million shot of the team somehow ending up being like out of the biggest outliers in NHL history is myopic. Also, the Kings made some very important trades that year. You're banking on this team doing the same? With whom?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lose when we want them to win and win when we want them to lose.....ah, the eternally frustrating life of being a Rangers fan.
Yep and when they lose teams that have fewer points than us suck even more and have a culture of losing. Those teams know how to tank this team doesn't

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Jesus Christ guys. We won two games. It happens. Buffalo wins games. Arizona wins games. We aren’t good all of a sudden because we won two games. Frankly, I watched both games and Hank stole them, for the most part. The infusion of youth on the backend and the fact that the team’s pride is hurt and they’re playing like they have something to prove has definitely made us look a bit better these past two games, but we still haven’t been “good”. In our last 10 we are 3-7. Those three wins were 6-5 over the Sharks. Game was a gong show. Easily could have lost. 4-3 against Flames. Again, Hank made some huge saves. Grabner’s goal was a lucky bounce. Flames had a goal disallowed. Easily could have been a loss if not for Hank. Today, same thing. Hank had at least a half dozen huge saves. Easily could have been a loss.

Like I said, even Buffalo and Arizona win games. When they win 2-3 games it doesn’t make them contenders. We still aren’t going anywhere this year. We’re still destined for a bottom ten finish. Just enjoy when your team wins. They were never going to lose on purpose and they were never going to lose every game. Two wins doesn’t “cancel the tank”. They weren’t going to purposefully lose. The knee jerk reactions are insane.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Generational goalies don't follow the same pattern as generational skaters.

You can have whatever opinion you want. I am not disputing your right to think what you want. What I am saying is that there's all this evidence of which teams win Stanley Cups and the main ingredients they have. I want this team to try to copy that. The way to copy that is by drafting in the 1-5 range, not winning an extra few games with a bad team in a bad season, and picking 13th.

The argument that 'it's what successful teams have done' doesn't resonate with me.

Is St. Louis not considered competitive because Tarasenko was a 16th overall pick? Boston has no chance this year because they have Pastrnak and Bergeron in their top 6? Los Angeles' two cups don't count because Kopitar wasn't even picked in the top 10?

We literally just drafted a guy at 21st overall who is putting up numbers just shy of Pasta, while being a little younger. In a draft where Liljgren slipped to the Leafs at 16 or wherever they were.

I'm fine with losing games and getting a higher pick, but I'm not going to burn down the house in the hopes of finding treasure under it.

Reactions: NCRanger and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What worries me is that if they stay close enough the FO may hold off on trading some of the non UFA's to try and get another kick at the can, hurting their trade value.

The UFA's are going to be moved for sure, that doesn't worry me.

Also annoyed that they're winning games that they dont deserve to win. It's one thing if the team turned it around and started playing well, but that hasn't really been the case.
Not that you're wrong but i'm also seeing guys like ADA, Pionk and Gilmour play well. they could be part of the future just as much as any unknown unproven draft pick who we are hoping a 3 percent chance in getting.
Also guys like Nash, Grabner and Zucc playing better can only help trade value one would think

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So is the Tank off? This team is Bi-polar. Lose 4, then go on a winning streak.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
To me it looked like they were standing up at the blue line and the forwards collapsed below the circles many times.

They adjusted strategy. That's the "problem" for the tankers, right there.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Had work today and sadly missed the game
Happy to see us win but at the same time that’s one step further from a top pick :/

Can anyone fill me in on how ADA, Pionk, and Gilmour did?
I’m surprised to see a win though, everyone including me thought we’d get destroyed

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dahlin would be nice but our progress going forward depends on Gorton having a good offseason as a whole.

I'm ok with us losing for the higher pick, but I'm also ok with us winning so we continue to make progress as a team.
Yep. As long as Gorton stays the course. Gets top dollar for guys who most likely won't be contributing 3-4 years from now on this team (on the fence about mcdonagh) we will be ok.
Start clean next year new coaching staff. Young players especially on the defense and hopefully stockpiling some first rounders this year at the draft.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Had work today and sadly missed the game
Happy to see us win but at the same time that’s one step further from a top pick :/

Can anyone fill me in on how ADA, Pionk, and Gilmour did?
I’m surprised to see a win though, everyone including me thought we’d get destroyed
Don't worry and feel bad most of us missed 80 percent of it as well considering msg "technical" difficulties

From what i saw the young dmen competed hard. Gilmour skating terrific. Pionk didn't look out of place and ADA was all over the place in a good way. From the period and change i saw him his best game of the year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jesus Christ guys. We won two games. It happens. Buffalo wins games. Arizona wins games. We aren’t good all of a sudden because we won two games. Frankly, I watched both games and Hank stole them, for the most part. The infusion of youth on the backend and the fact that the team’s pride is hurt and they’re playing like they have something to prove has definitely made us look a bit better these past two games, but we still haven’t been “good”. In our last 10 we are 3-7. Those three wins were 6-5 over the Sharks. Game was a gong show. Easily could have lost. 4-3 against Flames. Again, Hank made some huge saves. Grabner’s goal was a lucky bounce. Flames had a goal disallowed. Easily could have been a loss if not for Hank. Today, same thing. Hank had at least a half dozen huge saves. Easily could have been a loss.

Like I said, even Buffalo and Arizona win games. When they win 2-3 games it doesn’t make them contenders. We still aren’t going anywhere this year. We’re still destined for a bottom ten finish. Just enjoy when your team wins. They were never going to lose on purpose and they were never going to lose every game. Two wins doesn’t “cancel the tank”. They weren’t going to purposefully lose. The knee jerk reactions are insane.

Besides, the money picks are a roll of the dice anyway, so tanking is useless.

All you can do as add a few more of your balls to the spinner.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They need to move Zucc & Hank if they are going aim for Rasmus in near future, because they will never `tank` - they don`t care about Gorton, guys. They want to win like most professional hockey players, Gorton will do his things. And personally I said this before - he is not doing a very good job at GMìng.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So is the Tank off? This team is Bi-polar. Lose 4, then go on a winning streak.
I don't know how crappy teams like edmonton, vancouver, ottawa, detroit, buffalo, arizona are supposed to make up 7,9, 10 plus points in the standings and catch us.
I just really hope that Gorton is working the phones and still can bring in some youth like a fabbro and some first rounders for nash and grabs and more for zucc.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Don't worry and feel bad most of us missed 80 percent of it as well considering msg "technical" difficulties

From what i saw the young dmen competed hard. Gilmour skating terrific. Pionk didn't look out of place and ADA was all over the place in a good way. From the period and change i saw him his best game of the year.
Thank you, it’s nice to see them doing well. Maybe AV can get his head out of his ass and play them some more even when the injured come back. I’m fine with trading McD at this point (and I was even before the youngins started doing well)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Who knows, especially if Kreider, Buch, McDonagh, and Shatty are in the lineup.
Who's shatty??? j/k well kind of. Its been nice to see Pionk and Ada back there getting valid minutes.
Buch and Kreider on the other hand this team sorely needs especially for 93's sake

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's funny how our defense is looking better these last couple games even though they are without McDonagh.
Nice management job, AV.
Its only been two games and Mcdonagh just hasn't been physically right but you're not wrong so far. Nice to see someone like Gilmour who can actually skate the puck out the zone. Also Skjei besides those few bad clears in third on pk has looked better.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you, it’s nice to see them doing well. Maybe AV can get his head out of his ass and play them some more even when the injured come back. I’m fine with trading McD at this point (and I was even before the youngins started doing well)
Well if McD is traded and Staal is done for year (i wish him well but he shouldn't rush in coming back) he will be forced to play pionk and ada. Unfortunately, he still sees something in kampfer. Guy plays hard but he loses puck so much especially behind the net

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who's shatty??? j/k well kind of. Its been nice to see Pionk and Ada back there getting valid minutes.
Buch and Kreider on the other hand this team sorely needs especially for 93's sake

Healthy Shattenkirk will add a lot to this team.

He, Pionk, and ADA will make a sick right side.

Worried about the left. I think Smith will be back in the NHL, but he's better on the right. Skjei is Skjei. McDonagh will end up being exactly what we need, which is why I'm against dealing him unless we're blown away.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Healthy Shattenkirk will add a lot to this team.

He, Pionk, and ADA will make a sick right side.

Worried about the left. I think Smith will be back in the NHL, but he's better on the right. Skjei is Skjei. McDonagh will end up being exactly what we need, which is why I'm against dealing him unless we're blown away.
Definitely will welcome back with open arms when he's healthy.
Pionk better not go anywhere.

Reactions: belford222

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know how crappy teams like edmonton, vancouver, ottawa, detroit, buffalo, arizona are supposed to make up 7,9, 10 plus points in the standings and catch us.
I just really hope that Gorton is working the phones and still can bring in some youth like a fabbro and some first rounders for nash and grabs and more for zucc.

This team is a bubble team. Sure they are not a terrible team, and in this league you can’t say hey we made the playoffs we are good. Half the teams make the playoffs. This is all obvious and we know that. But yeah, Now is the time to get younger, keep your core together and build around that. Rangers needs to go after, imo, prospects who are NHL ready. Picks are good but, prospects are better, for Hank’s sake.

Like someone said above I don’t think a few wins here and there are going to change their game plan. It;s a small sample from here on to the end of the season, and think the players fates are pretty much decided. But it is nice to see Hank win. I feel bad for him that he may never win a cup, unless they can really do a turn around within the next two seasons. Which is why I think those NHL ready prospects are important. But can’t hurt to land a few 1st rounders either.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Its only been two games and Mcdonagh just hasn't been physically right but you're not wrong so far. Nice to see someone like Gilmour who can actually skate the puck out the zone. Also Skjei besides those few bad clears in third on pk has looked better.
When was the last time McDonagh wasnt banged up? The guy is tough as you can get, but his body is clearly starting to fail him, everytime we talk about how he is injuried and isnt playing To his normal level.
At this point I Just consider this version of him the real version.
That's the main reason I'm in favor for his trade.

Reactions: Ori and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad