• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I hope we sell and make the playoffs. Call up the kids give them some experience.

If anyone think they are going to tank they are out to lunch. The FO at not point said they were going to tank. Just a change of core. Plus if you make the playoffs you never know what happens. Look at the sens last year
I despise this argument.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I despise this argument.

Me too.

People will cite the Senators and Predators from last year too. You can't expect to get every break on the planet like Ottawa did (plus they had Karlsson beasting) and Nashville was always better than their record indicated (as we've seen this year.)

If the Rangers some how get in, it's going to look a lot like the Pens series 2 years ago.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
What worries me is that if they stay close enough the FO may hold off on trading some of the non UFA's to try and get another kick at the can, hurting their trade value.

The UFA's are going to be moved for sure, that doesn't worry me.

Also annoyed that they're winning games that they dont deserve to win. It's one thing if the team turned it around and started playing well, but that hasn't really been the case.
Im not worried about that. I think the kick in the can days are over. If they don't trade non ufa's its because Gorton didn't get the right offer. I truly think mcdonagh and zucc are gone by the draft. I always said id be surprised if its done the TDL.

Besides we just won 2 games in a row, watch us go on another losing streak. I really think theres gonna be way, way more losing. Now if they go on some sort of streak right now? Then id be just like you and @Pavel Buchnevich flipping out and cursing them out. That's when we should panic and also get pissed.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Why not call up Nell or Halverson instead of Georgiyev and let them play over Hank? You could also have called up the ECHL players instead of Pionk, Gilmour, Lettieri, give them all big minutes.

This team winning games hurts the long-term future. There's a generational player in this draft. We should be trying to do everything we possibly can to give ourselves a chance to win the draft lottery. Getting the 8th or 9th pick is going to make the tank longer, unless we get extremely lucky. Rarely do teams find star players outside of the top 2-3 selections of a draft. Teams win in this league with star players. Chytil, Buchnevich, Andersson, co aren't that. Adding a bunch of those players is not going to do much for this team.

It might even be worse than having to tank for longer. There's a chance we'll be stuck in mediocrity if we add enough good players to keep this team in the 10-20 range of the league. There are two things you want to be in the NHL, a contender or one of the worst teams in the league.

And the value of having a slightly better chance at maybe getting a potential generational player is worth throwing an entire team of guys under the bus for 30 games?

I'm okay with falling farther in the standings, but there's not a chance in hell that I'm gonna cheer against the Blueshirts for that much of a season. Especially with all the young guys that are contributing right now.

I'm fine with just agreeing to disagree anyhow.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Really? Haha, incidentally he's actually my favorite player ever. Hated he came to us too late in his career. Thats a surprising stat though I'm surprised I didn't even know that one. Im guessing it was one his back to back 50 goal seasons in Florida.

Pre-update figures. NHL.com - Stats

Grabs now tied with Lemieux for 3rd in the Ivory awards.

Reactions: NYRKING30

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
GbMesDj.jpg

:laugh:

* Hank standing out of shot launching a tank buster.

Reactions: will1066

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I hope people in here don't think just because the team had a presser saying retool/rebuild, that means automatically that 19 players are going to come out and dog it for 27 games?

Reactions: Siddi and will1066

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man, I feel sorry for people that are upset our young guys are playing well, because we're winning.
Yeah, no reason to be upset.

Honestly, in my opinion the best case scenario is we still make the trades towards a rebuild and the kids that come up from Hartford to fill the vacant spots play well and get nhl experience so they’ll be further in their development for next season.

The chances we bottom out to get one of the best odds at the number 1 overall pick is very slim as long as Hank is healthy.

So don’t get mad about winning. As long as Gorton and Sather stay the course outlined in their presser then it’s all good.

As for today, Hank was superb. Skjei has a very strong game and Zucc was good.

I really like TDA, Pionk and Gilmour. Young kids with energy and quick feet and crisp quick passes.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No, but the two go hand in hand. They wouldn't be winning if guys weren't playing well.

I think everyone is very happy with what Pionk and Gilmour have done through 2 games.

But if you look at the full picture, they've only won those games because of 1 player and that guy has been here for years.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Skjei was a beast today!
Hank was Hank and Zucc was really active today!
The 3 young guys on D were pretty good, moved the puck well. It's so refreshing watching these guys skate and not handle the puck like a grenade. Staal and Smith both are terrible handling the puck and constantly turning the puck over in the D zone!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It would be kind of hilarious to sell off a bunch of top players, then still make the playoffs.

I know you guys want our pick to be a lottery one, but that would make for some fine stories.

"Remember when top pairing defenseman Steve Kampfer and shutdown center Peter Holland anchored us through the first round of the playoffs?"

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
People unhappy with winning a game and the players trying just don't get it. As long as they make all the changes we expect, they are playing it right. To do otherwise in order to have a small chance of getting one specific player in the draft under the current lottery setup is loony, to me.

If the Rangers were already much closer to the bottom, it still probably would not make sense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1 of the silliest things I've ever read on here

NHL.com player rankings for this season. Lets discount goalies because thats besides the discussion. And this isn't exact, its before this season and I don't even agree with the rankings, but its a neutral source, gives us a good idea of the whole. 6/10 of the top star skaters in the league were picked in the top 1.8% of the draft.

Top Ten Skaters:

1. McDavid-1OA
2. Crosby-1OA
3. Karlsson-15th OA
4. Kane-1OA
5. Malkin-2OA
6. Burns-20OA
7. Matthews-1OA
8. Kucherov-58th OA
9. Backstrom-4OA
10. Marchand-71st OA

#NHLTopPlayers: Nos. 10-1

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, no reason to be upset.

Honestly, in my opinion the best case scenario is we still make the trades towards a rebuild and the kids that come up from Hartford to fill the vacant spots play well and get nhl experience so they’ll be further in their development for next season.

The chances we bottom out to get one of the best odds at the number 1 overall pick is very slim as long as Hank is healthy.

So don’t get mad about winning. As long as Gorton and Sather stay the course outlined in their presser then it’s all good.

As for today, Hank was superb. Skjei has a very strong game and Zucc was good.

I really like TDA, Pionk and Gilmour. Young kids with energy and quick feet and crisp quick passes.

Word.

I never played, but I can imagine that for those who've played competitively all their lives they don't know HOW to play to lose. It's not in their makeup

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad