Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning Game 4 (Series Tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
It's now a best of 3, with 2 being played at MSG. Just hope the boys don't try to get too fancy for the home crowd and try trading chances with the Lightning, because I believe TB will beat us if it comes down to a "run and gun" track meet (as entertaining as it is to watch!). Too much speed and firepower over there.

We need to be conscientious defensively like we were for the most part last night. What's emerging though is a clear advantage in net. Bishop has been letting in bad goals and has to be 2nd guessing himself now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It's now a best of 3, with 2 being played at MSG. Just hope the boys don't try to get too fancy for the home crowd and try trading chances with the Lightning, because I believe TB will beat us if it comes down to a "run and gun" track meet (as entertaining as it is to watch!). Too much speed and firepower over there.

We need to be conscientious defensively like we were for the most part last night. What's emerging though is a clear advantage in net. Bishop has been letting in bad goals and has to be 2nd guessing himself now.

Lundqvist admitted he was 2nd guessing himself after Game 3. Can only imagine where Bishop's head is at right now.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
sorry, no time for all these pages today.

Talbot would also have been a good choice, on paper at least.
This was a gamble, but I am glad it paid off.

I said Hank could use a day off for refresher. don't recall anything to effect of being mentally shot.

So starting Talbot is good on paper, but starting the best goalie of our generation is not?

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Starting Henrik was the act of believing in the best goaltender, and not dumping on him and starting Talbot.
Starting Henrik with absolutely no hint or chatter of second guessing is what is called having backbone and calm resolve, which Alain Vigneault has.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Was anybody else legitimately worried that the Rangers would play a little soft on their ex-teammates? Because, honestly, I was.

But today Girardi gave Callahan the facewash of a life time and Brassard crunched Boyle along the boards and crosschecked his face into the ice, and then I was like, nice.

I remember that Brass check clear as day. One of our softest forwards took 6'7" Boyle down like nothing and tapped his dome. I laughed out loud. It was awesome.

I definitely miss Brian Boyle still, but I forget about how Charmin soft he was, too.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I remember that Brass check clear as day. One of our softest forwards took 6'7" Boyle down like nothing and tapped his dome. I laughed out loud. It was awesome.

I definitely miss Brian Boyle still, but I forget about how Charmin soft he was, too.

Boyle and Stralman owe their career's (and paycheck) to Sather and the Rangers. Both were plugs on their last legs in the league when Sather gave them a chance and with the Rangers they grew into very good players. Some with Prust.

Good on them to show loyalty and appreciation :shakehead

Wolfy*

Don't say Bishop is trash when Hank allowed 12 goals in two games. Both goalies are obviously up and down. The best one tomorrow will win the game..

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Boyle and Stralman owe their career's (and paycheck) to Sather and the Rangers. Both were plugs on their last legs in the league when Sather gave them a chance and with the Rangers they grew into very good players. Some with Prust.

Good on them to show loyalty and appreciation :shakehead

For the 100th time, Stralman wanted to stay and was upset that the Ranger brass didn't want him back.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Starting Henrik was the act of believing in the best goaltender, and not dumping on him and starting Talbot.
Starting Henrik with absolutely no hint or chatter of second guessing is what is called having backbone and calm resolve, which Alain Vigneault has.

He's also been a part of a goalie controversy before and I'm sure he wants no more of that nonsense.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You are right. Nash never gave up on that play. It was so beautiful to see.

The important thing about both of Nash's goals to me is that those are the goals he was scoring in the beginning of the season when he was unstoppable. These weren't lucky goals. Goal 1 was him making a patented Rick Nash power drive to the net and the reach to finish it off. Goal 2 was him in front tucking a rebound under the goalie.

BarbaraAlphanse

The important thing about both of Nash's goals to me is that those are the goals he was scoring in the beginning of the season when he was unstoppable. These weren't lucky goals. Goal 1 was him making a patented Rick Nash power drive to the net and the reach to finish it off. Goal 2 was him in front tucking a rebound under the goalie.

Comes with confidence. He needs to maintain it. No more weak shots from 20 feet away when he can drive, take some knocks, and then jam it in the net for his hard work.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
For the 100th time, Stralman wanted to stay and was upset that the Ranger brass didn't want him back.

Rangers brass wanted him back but tryed to convince stralman he was only worth $3-3.5 mill a year. Stralman took a chance and bet on himself and got a better contract. Its part of business

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Rangers brass wanted him back but tryed to convince stralman he was only worth $3-3.5 mill a year. Stralman took a chance and bet on himself and got a better contract. Its part of business

Rangers brass saw him as nothing more than a #4 then. They ****ed up.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Nash bodied Paquette. More of that please.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

I always critized Boyle for being big for no reason.. He doesn't hit hard at all.. I lost all hope for his physicality after chara destroyed him in that fight a few years back

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Luckily, the game isn't played on paper.

And luckily for all us rational fans, you're not the coach either.

Talbot is on the same level as bishop IMO.. Playing him at any point in the postseason when Lundqvist is healthy would be the dumbest idea ever

BarbaraAlphanse

Eh. Ultimately, it is up to the player.

B. Boyle's agent started at 3 mill a year for 5 years. Stralman's was asking for over 5 AAV. Callahan's agent started at, what was it, like 7-8 mill per year for like 7 years?

D. Boyle took a discount to come here. Is he worth that contract? That's another question. But the fact is that he sacrificed personal finances to come to this specific team. His heart is in the cause.

Moore took less to resign here than he was being offered. McDonagh less than he was worth. Girardi less than market value. Staal less than market value. Zucc said enough is enough and signed a discount. Brass didn't squeeze Sather dry last year. With his pay check he realized he needed to play to that value - he had a career year this year. Marty forced his way specifically to the Rangers.

This group is together because they want to be together.

Stralman, B. Boyle, Cally, etc... they ultimately had the power in their hands to start negotiating fairly. Unfortunately, all of them had incredibly over zealous agents who thought they could tie Sather's hands behind his back.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

B. Boyle's agent started at 3 mill a year for 5 years. Stralman's was asking for over 5 AAV. Callahan's agent started at, what was it, like 7-8 mill per year for like 7 years?

D. Boyle took a discount to come here. Is he worth that contract? That's another question. But the fact is that he sacrificed personal finances to come to this specific team. His heart is in the cause.

Moore took less to resign here than he was being offered. McDonagh less than he was worth. Girardi less than market value. Staal less than market value. Zucc said enough is enough and signed a discount. Brass didn't squeeze Sather dry last year. With his pay check he realized he needed to play to that value - he had a career year this year. Marty forced his way specifically to the Rangers.

Stralman, B. Boyle, Cally, etc... they ultimately had the power in their hands to start negotiating fairly. Unfortunately, all of them had incredibly over zealous agents who thought they could tie Sather's hands behind his back.

Boyle was great these past 2 games in TB.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

IIRC Stralman said that he was upset about the situation and that the Rangers paid Boyle more than he was asking for. Also the Rangers never contacted Stralman after their 3.5 M per year offer. They didnt want him back and didnt value him at all.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Strålman also wanted a nmc or ntc since he and his family had moved around quite allot so they wanted to stay in one place .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad