Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning Game 4 (Series Tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Rangers wanted offense from the blue line and didn't think stralman could provide it in their system. He was literally the worst point producing defenseman for the Rangers going purely off his own stats.

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake but the Rangers wanted an offensive defenseman to take the role stralman had been playing for them

I care a lot more about Stralman's amazing defense than his offense.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I care a lot more about Stralman's amazing defense than his offense.

Indeed. I'm just saying it's obvious the Rangers were looking for an offensive defenseman not that they just wanted to let stralman walk for no reason

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And his giveaways in the defensive zone.

A wise man once said that the only ship that doesn't rock is one that isn't moving.

Look at the NHL leaders in turnovers every year, and you'll find a who's who of elite players.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Stralman looks uncomfortable playing against us

Callahan looks like his normal playoff self.

Boyle has been quiet which surprises me

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
One of the beat writers put the kibosh on that "wanted a bigger role" thing. Said it was a misunderstanding from the breakup interviews.

But the beat writers are not In on the breakup interviews.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Def Chicago, don't want to face another LA team. Its not as fun. NY/CHI is a great final for entertainment and for the sport overall. Everyone should be rooting for CHI.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
sorry, no time for all these pages today.

Talbot would also have been a good choice, on paper at least.
This was a gamble, but I am glad it paid off.

I said Hank could use a day off for refresher. don't recall anything to effect of being mentally shot.

Which state asylum newsletter would this paper be from?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Yeah lots and lots of ridiculous misinformation in this thread. Boyle and Stralman wanted to stay on the Rangers. One, his agent goofed and the other the Rangers goofed.

Yep, it came out (think I saw it on Carp's blog, but I can't find it) that Boyle's agent kept telling the Rangers that he had a $3 million (multiple year) offer from another team. Rangers obviously weren't interested in that price. I had quotes when it was originally reported right before the series started, but can't remember which thread it was on.

Strålman? :deadhorse although I don't think he's having a very good series.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I think the term with Stralman was a bigger concern for the team than anything else. With Staal needing to be signed and upcoming expiring deals at forward, having a 2 year deal in Boyle was preferable to having another 5+ deal on top of McDonagh, Girardi and the one they planned on giving Staal. Plus Klein long term for cheap.

You don't compete long term by having so much of one position locked down for so long. Eventually you need to youth grade part of your roster.

I bet they would have preferred to give Boyle 1 year if they could have.

Spot on. Boyle (Dan) had enough interest from other teams that the Rangers had to make it 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille