Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at New York Islanders - February 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Just got back into the City from BK. What a load of $hit that was. Especially that “you can’t beat us” chant at the end. GTFOH.

I had hope for Gilmour. Not anymore.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd be shocked if either of Grabner or Nash are on the team after the deadline. I think it's pretty clear by this point they're gone. I'd even say Holden is pretty much a goner too. Team publicly came out and confirmed all the rumors pretty much and the team is for all intents and purposes finished when it comes to the playoff race when you factor in their injuries and the number of teams they'd have to outplay. Now whether Zucc and McD get dealt is another story but it would be downright shocking if the UFA's are still on this team post deadline.

I know what the team said but until it happens it hasn't happened.....and the other part of that is what we're getting back as well. We need to get something really good for both. As far as Holden I might be able to deal with him if he were the 6-7. His cap hit ain't bad but yeah we should move him too.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I know what the team said but until it happens it hasn't happened.....and the other part of that is what we're getting back as well. We need to get something really good for both. As far as Holden I might be able to deal with him if he were the 6-7. His cap hit ain't bad but yeah we should move him too.

I wouldn't really get too crazy about them not being moved yet and I'm sure the return will be good for both. It's really tough to f*** up the return for rentals (Vanek trade from the Islanders being one of the rare examples) given that it's usually picks that comprise the trades. I'm far more concerned about the return on Zuccarello and McDonagh trades as those need to be home runs.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd disagree with them playing a good game...felt like we had a lot of quantity but very little quality.

Expected goals over 3 with 70 corsi for at even strength.

It usually takes us a month to attempt 70 shots.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Aww wheres the fun in that? Its much more fun to pretend that the rangers didnt have 39 scoring chances and 14 high danger scoring chances so we can push the narrative that our forwards are the problem.

This team sucks bad enough that we don't need to exaggerate how bad they are...I agree.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If there was a market for Lundqvist,the Rangers would probably be open to moving him. The player has a full NMC and he has no desire to leave New York right now. We will see what happens in a couple of years. Which team is acquiring a 36 year old goaltender? The Rangers would need to retain money. They aren't trading him for free either.

When is Georgiev going to play? The Rangers are in a stretch which sees them play in 6 games in 10 nights or 5 games in 8 days/nights. AV indicated Georgiev would get a start in the foreseeable future.
Ottawa on Saturday afternoon or Philadelphia on Sunday afternoon.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Not sure if Rasmus saved us tonight vs Halak or any elite players in this league when he plays like that. And Tavares did not score any goals in this game. M. Barzal however 3 assist game - we were playing Wolfpack vs Islanders, and the result reflects it in this game. Holland line was a disaster - hopefully new recall soon from Wolfpack, Nieves, anyone.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If you're looking at Corsi when down 3 goals, you're doing it wrong

You replay this game and I think we'd score 2-3 goals.
Of course we'd likely give up and extra 1 or 2 as well, but there were plenty of moments where we looked pretty good, and dod have some 'very good looks' that either bounced the wrong way or Halak managed to steer away

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Aww wheres the fun in that? Its much more fun to pretend that the rangers didnt have 39 scoring chances and 14 high danger scoring chances so we can push the narrative that our forwards are the problem.

And at least this way we don't have to admit that one night, the other team's goaltender was better.

That can never happen and it never has happened.

Reactions: teon

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
I never thought I would say this, but I'm looking forward to the end of the Lundqvist era. Not because I don't like him, but because I'm just ready to move on from this group and on to the "next generation" of Rangers. I wonder what group of Rangers this "era" will be compared to in the future? Maybe some of the good Rangers teams of the 70's that came close, but never close enough? Hard for me to say, that was a little before my time.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad