Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks - March 8, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His playoff track record is basically last season :laugh:
And what was the previous year? And was he not on the ice when Columbus made
the playoffs?He won't shoot at 3% or what ever it was again if the Rangers have an extended run
I hope so. Because the next time he has a good playoff series, will be the first time he has had one.
Stepan's playoff track record isnt great either and he actually has more to go off of than Nash does.
And is under 25 years old.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York

Lol gotta get someone in there to get punched in the face by Matt Martin on tuesday

Glass has his best game of the season by a wide margin. AV responds by playing Sheppard next game.

Sheppard has a pretty bad first game. AV keeps him in over Glass.

Sheppard has an excellent second game. AV responds by sitting him in favor of Glass.

Did I get that right?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He played like **** for 47 games. 2 game point streak doesn't mean jack ****. He's a proven terrible player.

Right, I understand. It was a bad decision by AV to continue trotting him out there when he was playing poorly, but it was also wrong to take him out as soon as he finally started playing half-decently.

Glass has his best game of the season by a wide margin. AV responds by playing Sheppard next game.

Sheppard has an excellent set ND game. AV responds by sitting him in favor of Glass.

Did I get that right?

Bingo

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And what was the previous year? And was he not on the ice when Columbus made
I hope so. Because the next time he has a good playoff series, will be the first time he has had one.

And is under 25 years old.

hes played 41 career playoff games, 25 of them were last season.

I don't think you want to throw Columbus in there because his numbers in that series (albeit in a small sample size) go against your narrative.

Also if you want to look at a playoff series via statistics, he had a great one against Montreal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Sheppard has an excellent second game. AV responds by sitting him in favor of Glass.

Did I get that right?

What ****ing ********.... Why does glass need to play? What does AV see in him?

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Right, I understand. It was a bad decision by AV to continue trotting him out there when he was playing poorly, but it was also wrong to take him out as soon as he finally started playing half-decently.

Bingo

I hope you realize that I am in no way advocating playing Glass. Even Glass vs. Nashville is worse than Sheppard was yesterday.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Did I get that right?

Sounds very accurate. Boy that just gives me a headache.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Glass good game or not sucks. The 4th line was fine yesterday, they were playing one of the better teams in the league both nights Sheppard was in the lineup and he was far from a liability. With Glass in the lineup, the 4th is a liability against Edmonton. I hate when all they can do is chase the puck in their end because their on a quasi penalty kill.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Playing Glass does not make much sense. Sheppard can fight a little if called upon.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Sometimes people get along well at times and at other times do not. Sometimes people that do not get along well also make jokes. Their discussion looked odd. I was not the only person that noticed it or said so. It could have been nothing or it could have been something but other people said it looked strange as well.

Don´t think this is a big deal. Looked like MSL was frustrated with Zucc choosing to put the puck straight to the net with only a few seconds left on the clock. There was no open man, so I am not sure if MSL wanted the puck, but IMO Zucc did the right thing. Stuff like this happens, and this time the camera caught in on tape.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Don´t think this is a big deal. Looked like MSL was frustrated with Zucc choosing to put the puck straight to the net with only a few seconds left on the clock. There was no open man, so I am not sure if MSL wanted the puck, but IMO Zucc did the right thing. Stuff like this happens, and this time the camera caught in on tape.

That could be true. I have no idea what was said. I just said it looked strange and not friendly at the time.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Who cares about keeping the extras fresh? Glass sucks when he's fresh and he sucks when he's cold. Are you really gonna scratch Keith Yandle for Matt Hunwick? **** no. So why would you scratch a good bottom 6 guy for AHL 4th line fodder?

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
I understand what you are saying. It could have been nothing but as a person that has watched this team a heck of a lot it did look pretty odd. It was not just because they were not smiling. Maybe somebody can make a gif of the last 5 seconds of the 2nd period so we can look again.

JHC people will do anything to manufacture a controversy where there is none. We win a great game and people are speculating what MSL and Zucc are talking about. Shees relax and enjoy win, we have another tough one v Isles Tues :shakehead

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
hes played 41 career playoff games, 25 of them were last season.

I don't think you want to throw Columbus in there because his numbers in that series (albeit in a small sample size) go against your narrative.

Also if you want to look at a playoff series via statistics, he had a great one against Montreal.
Overall, how has his play been all in? 41 games is more than enough to judge.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Wanna keep Glass fresh? Buffalo is coming up on Saturday, play him then.

This is ridiculous. How about letting Sheppard-Moore-Fast build some chemistry?

No, let's get Tanner 'liability' Glass out there against one of the best teams in the league, with probably the best 4th line in the league. Great.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Trueblue- In what way is Nash compareable to a 3rd lineer? Could u give any examples of a 3rd lineer who you think is as good as Nash? Lol

I gotta give it to you, you have taken impression of him this year because last year you called him a 4th lineer, nice to see that you can change your mind lol.

Rozsival, the worst D in the league, is still playing BTW.

I lol'ed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Uneven overall. I thought he played pretty well in the playoffs last year, much better than his stat line indicated at the least. I didn't think he was good at all the year before.

Seeing as how hes playing better than he has at any point in his career this year, I'd feel really confident about him being even better in the playoffs this season unless your expectations are out of whack, say in a world where being a 0.7 PPG player in this league makes you a 3rd liner.

Again, Toews went 40+ games scoring only 3 (it may have been 4, but it was a really low total and was highlighted during the finals in 2013) goals in the playoffs. He won the Conn Smythe in 2009, did he all of a sudden forget how to play in the playoffs, only to figure it out again last season?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not a matter of freshness.. Rangers cowered after Matt Martin's slash on Stepan... keeled over that game.

Glass may not be a deterrent but he can go after one of their players if Martin does something again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad