Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks - March 8, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Playing Glass does not make much sense. Sheppard can fight a little if called upon.

Sheppard got "unlucky" that the Rangers played two skills team in Detroit and Chicago. Otherwise he should've borrowed it from J. Moore play book to get into a fight in the first or second game with a new team - IMHO a decent tactic to bond with new teammates.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Generally no I don't think he does, his game isn't predicated from scoring in the slot. I guess we can agree to disagree. If I am wrong and he does score in the playoffs, I will be happy to admit it.

I actually liked the way he played last year in the playoffs I thought he did everything he could do but score.

Doesn't Nash have one of the shortest average shot distances this year? As in he takes most if his shots in/around the blue paint? I remember seeing a heat graphic of shots taken by Nash and the crease is lit up like a Christmas tree

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Doesn't Nash have one of the shortest average shot distances this year? As in he takes most if his shots in/around the blue paint? I remember seeing a heat graphic of shots taken by Nash and the crease is lit up like a Christmas tree

By all means post it, I have never seen that.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Screenshot_from_2015_02_20_18_26_29.png

This chart pretty much sums up his Sh%. He's an elite player who is able to use his speed/skill to get to prime scoring areas more than any other player this year. He gets the most shots off at ES, as you said and he definitely gets the greatest quality of shots/chances at ES as well.

And yeah, that's HF for you. People also laugh if you mention Rick Nash and defense in the same sentence, meanwhile, he's been one of the best two-way guys this year, too.

Found it in his thread on the last page

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Even I would score like 10 goals on their LW.

:laugh:

This shouldn't be overlooked. Think about it:

Last year LW on that line: Pouliot. Result? Career year. Gets a payday as a UFA
This year LW on that line: Nash. Result? Career year.

Brass and especially Zucc make every player on the ice better. So glad we have both of them locked up

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
The effort was there tonight, but not much in terms of execution. Still, we were facing a good Blackhawks team, and didn't give them much offensively. Cam did his job VERY well. Zucc and Brassgod :heart:

Tuesday should be fun. The Islanders will play the Leafs on Monday and will be on the 2nd of a b2b. The Rangers will be on the 2nd of a b2b on Wednesday. Let's hope the Islanders look ahead to Tuesday and forget to show up tomorrow.

They could literally not show up, have the ice girls play for them, and take the Leafs to OT.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wanna keep Glass fresh? Buffalo is coming up on Saturday, play him then.

This is ridiculous. How about letting Sheppard-Moore-Fast build some chemistry?

No, let's get Tanner 'liability' Glass out there against one of the best teams in the league, with probably the best 4th line in the league. Great.
What are you talking about? Who is discussing Tanner friggin' Glass?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Uneven overall. I thought he played pretty well in the playoffs last year, much better than his stat line indicated at the least. I didn't think he was good at all the year before.
When you are a goal scorer, your bottom line is judged by you know.....goals
Seeing as how hes playing better than he has at any point in his career this year, I'd feel really confident about him being even better in the playoffs this season
You can. I certainly would love it if he did. But, until he shows the money.....
unless your expectations are out of whack, say in a world where being a 0.7 PPG player in this league makes you a 3rd liner.
A 3rd line player at best is what he was in the playoffs last year.
Again, Toews went 40+ games scoring only 3 (it may have been 4, but it was a really low total and was highlighted during the finals in 2013) goals in the playoffs. He won the Conn Smythe in 2009, did he all of a sudden forget how to play in the playoffs, only to figure it out again last season?
Until Nash can produce what Toews did, the discussion is moot. There are facts. And there is speculation and hopes and prayers.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Like practically everyone else here, I hate Glass and think he's really useless, besides maybe the PK.
However, if AV MUST play him, the game tomorrow is the type of game he should be playing in. The Isles 4th line is big and nasty, and I can see the need to bring in a Glass to counter that. I would go so far as to say, that Glass should be replacing Fast and not Sheppard, since Shep is bigger, and has more size than Fast.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
:laugh:

This shouldn't be overlooked. Think about it:

Last year LW on that line: Pouliot. Result? Career year. Gets a payday as a UFA
This year LW on that line: Nash. Result? Career year.

Brass and especially Zucc make every player on the ice better. So glad we have both of them locked up
Pouliot hardly had a career year last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia