Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks - March 8, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dirty yeah I agree. I did think Nash did go to the dirty areas in the POs, I mean almost too much. Just wasn't effective at all since the Ds too him away and Step and Kreider couldn't create on their own in their 4 on 4 matchup. If anything Kreids should have gone much harder to the net than he did, he was much more to fault for that on that line than Nash. Kreids is improving and I am not trashing him, but he for example is t opening up much ice for MSL this year either.

But Nash is moving better this year, and when your cold you are cold. He was cold last year extremely cold.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He doesn't score from the dirty areas? I don't that's true at all. He didn't/woudn't/couldn't go in those areas last year, but he has this season.

Generally no I don't think he does, his game isn't predicated from scoring in the slot. I guess we can agree to disagree. If I am wrong and he does score in the playoffs, I will be happy to admit it.

I actually liked the way he played last year in the playoffs I thought he did everything he could do but score.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
In the last 5 seconds or so of the 2nd periods Zooks and Marty were on the ice together. I'm not sure why. May have been a line shift snafu. With around 2 seconds left Zooks is in the far corner and throws the puck at the net. Then there is a whistle with less than a second on the clock. You can see Marty saying stuff to Zooks. Neither guy had a smile. Zooks did not seem to like what Marty was saying. It could have been nothing or it could have been something. I wish I could see a gif to remember better. Zooks used to really look up to Marty years ago but they say never meet your heroes because you will often be let down.

Jeez, talk about jumping to conclusions.

We've had every indication that Marty and zucc get along very well, right down to them tweeting jokes about their heights to each other.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nash is in so much better shape this season. He will be better in the playoffs than last season but in the playoffs some of the room he has worked with this regular season may be taken away.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Dirty yeah I agree. I did think Nash did go to the dirty areas in the POs, I mean almost too much. Just wasn't effective at all since the Ds too him away and Step and Kreider couldn't create on their own in their 4 on 4 matchup. If anything Kreids should have gone much harder to the net than he did, he was much more to fault for that on that line than Nash. Kreids is improving and I am not trashing him, but he for example is t opening up much ice for MSL this year either.

But Nash is moving better this year, and when your cold you are cold. He was cold last year extremely cold.

I don't know how much harder you can go to the net than this :sarcasm:

price.jpg

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jeez, talk about jumping to conclusions.

We've had every indication that Marty and zucc get along very well, right down to them tweeting jokes about their heights to each other.

Sometimes people get along well at times and at other times do not. Sometimes people that do not get along well also make jokes. Their discussion looked odd. I was not the only person that noticed it or said so. It could have been nothing or it could have been something but other people said it looked strange as well.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
His track record says differently.

Has he been unlucky his whole career in the playoffs?

At $7.8, yes he does.

Their track record says different

What track record? The guy had a whopping 16 games of playoff experience prior to last years cup run. In both of our longer runs (12 games and 25 games), Nash had shooting % of 2.4% and 3.3%. Well below his 12.4% career average. He wasn't the same player last year after his concussion. This is the year that defines him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
0.7 PPG is a 57.4 point pace over an 82 game season.

Who the hell has that on their third line?
Idk, 2007 Sabres? :laugh:

Nash is in so much better shape this season. He will be better in the playoffs than last season but in the playoffs some of the room he has worked with this regular season may be taken away.
Exactly this! Nash put in werrrrk this offseason, he's gonna be fine. Will probably be Top 5 in Hart trophy voting. More worried about that guy with the 'C'...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't know how much harder you can go to the net than this :sarcasm:

price.jpg

There is a lot of timing to this. If you go to the net you take a player with you. Too little stats on this, but watch closely and you will see to a large extent it's not the player that stands infront of the net that scores goals, it's the second player that goes to the net that scores the most goals.

You need to create an maneuver where you get a shot from a player, Preferbly going to the net himself, with a player infront of the net (that almost always is taken care of by the D) and a 3rd player also going to the net. It's often that 3rd player who gets open and can bang home a puck. It's real good if a D can join too.

Look at the Kreider-Step-Nash line last year, they didn't get these maneuvers. Way too often they had two players around the perimeters and one player standing still around the net. If Nash was infront of the net, you can find a ton of examples of a puck being put on the net and Nash scrambling infront of the net alone against a D just fending his space. Or Nash puts a puck on the net with Kreider being there alone.

They never lost any matchups, and took the toughest matchups. They had the best puck possession numbers of all lines. But they didn't achive what it takes to really open things up offensively and get the puck into the back of the net ...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean it may not mean much but AV's logic will be something dumb like "The Islanders are a quick team and we wanted a faster presence on the 4th line."

If he was going to dress him, it makes more sense to do it against Washington, they're a pretty goony squad.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He was playing well before he got scratched (2 gm point streak). It's only fair that he gets another look.

He played like **** for 47 games. 2 game point streak doesn't mean jack ****. He's a proven terrible player.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
*Playing against a rival that also happens to be one of the deepest teams in the NHL*

*Makes 4th line a liability*

Get a clue you ****ing moron.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Huge game agains the Isles coming up?

Better handicap the team's ability to roll 4 lines.

Don't wanna, you know, win or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad