Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes 12/20/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Miller's goal and the pass that sprung him were both awesome. Hank looked more Hank-like in the shootout, which is good. Nash is playing sick hockey this season and is a pleasure to watch. Still shocked we came away with 2 pts ... this game was screaming disappointment throughout.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Good on our guys to come back from a deflating goal against to tie the game...twice.

Lundqvist redeemed himself in the shootout. I would've had an aneurysm if they lost this one in regulation.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Great comeback! I did My part and tomorrow i promise i Will be ****faced at the Garden to help the team get their 6th straight!

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why do people seem to know the quality of each arenas ice?

Do they make TVs with tactile feedback? If so I need to get to PC Richard's

The thing to do in recent years whenever something goes wrong is to complain about the ice. Doesn't matter when or where it is.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It's pretty easy to see, I mean they had to fix up Ward's crease in the first period iirc. And the fact players were falling down quite a bit, then look at how the puck is bouncing and such. It's not that difficult to tell from a TV screen when the ice is terrible.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'm not certain when I'm in the arena, yet many are certain when watching streams on their laptops?

Or is it just another silly thing people say when they are frustrated?

Even though we won in Edmonton in dominating fashion, you could tell how atrocious the ice was there. It's not a frustration thing, just an observation thing. Sometimes the ice is just plain bad, regardless of the result.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I'm not certain when I'm in the arena, yet many are certain when watching streams on their laptops?

Or is it just another silly thing people say when they are frustrated?

no if you watch the game and notice that the pucks are bouncing alot, there is alot of snow on the ice, players seem to be losing edges that indicates that the ice is warmer thus making it softer,slower, and bad in this case

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glass didn't even get 8 minutes.

I think it's clear now that he's getting Pyatt'ed

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
9780766030480_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Anyway, I'm happy with the win, and I will have to confer with NOAA at my seats tomorrow.

LGR!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glass didn't even get 8 minutes.

I think it's clear now that he's getting Pyatt'ed

Well Barney explained that tonight :laugh:

As for the game, besides the call, Hank was good in the shootout which was a nice rebound, but he needs to like not give up goals like that.

But I'm willing to let it slide. Come out for the next one and shut it down. Overall he's been better lately.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know why I bother with the main boards. We've got 29 sets of fans in there just making up rules. If it happened to any other team, except maybe Toronto, people would be disgusted.

I agree. Not even worth it. The hockey gods were there tonight. We won the game and deserved to

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I think Lundqvist is one of the most respected goalies in the game, but I can't even imagine how ripped apart he'd get by our rivals if he did that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think Lundqvist is one of the most respected goalies in the game, but I can't even imagine how ripped apart he'd get by our rivals if he did that.

They would talking about it years after he retired. Granted, we do that to Denis Potvin, but I digress :laugh:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Meh. If you watch enough games (Center Ice, Game Center, hockey streams, whatever) of teams other than the NYR you see that every goalie in the NHL lays eggs. Not saying that wasn't a **** goal. It was. But it's hardly something that only happens to our guy.

How about that skipper the other night that put the Isles up 2-1 against the Devils. Lundqvist would've been skewered like a wild boar if he gave up the goal that Schneider did.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Meh. If you watch enough games (Center Ice, Game Center, hockey streams, whatever) of teams other than the NYR you see that every goalie in the NHL lays eggs. Not saying that wasn't a **** goal. It was. But it's hardly something that only happens to our guy.

How about that skipper the other night that put the Isles up 2-1 against the Devils. Lundqvist would've been skewered like a wild boar if he gave up the goal that Schneider did.

I think he's talking about flipping the mask off to stop play.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think I'm along here, but regardless of the shot totals, I thought I saw WAY to many plays that the Rangers normally do not try.

I thought some of the effort tonight seemed disrespectful to the opponent in that they were doing things tonight that they would not dare try against some of the better teams.

More blind passes than I remember seeing from them is a while.

Just seemed like a game where I felt like the team expected the Canes to capitulate.

Maybe it's just me.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009

I think he's talking about flipping the mask off to stop play.

Yeah I was talking about the mask thing but every goalie gives up his fair share of those goals. I'm not part of the Lundqvist-is-a-bad-goalie crew but he has given up a lot of huge softies :laugh:. Remember that horrible goal against Backstrom a few years ago in the neutral zone? he's still a top 3 goalie in the world (I think he's #1 despite the slow start but he's gotta be top 3 on everyone's list I'd say)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad