Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes 12/20/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHB*

I hope they protest this game. Unless the referee was going to say he had the intent to blow the whistle when he saw the strap come off, there is no reason in the rules why the goal should not count.

Why would they protest a game they won?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nash was easily the best player on both teams and im pretty shocked almost nobody is voting for him. Only guy who really showed up to play.

Zuccarello had the beautiful pass to set up Miller, and scored in the SO. Miller was active all night. Klein, lucky or not, was Johnny-on-the-spot yet again with a huge goal. They're all deserving. You're right though, Nash was a ****ing bull yet again.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is it me or does Carolina have the worst sheet of ice in the NHL?

I remember when the ice at the Garden was hands-down one of the worst ice surfaces in the league. Now, it seems like every arena is freaking awful. I don't know if it's that all these venues are getting more multipurpose use than they used to or what, but it's pretty lame that the NHL can't provide a better sheet of ice each night.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
And I still yet to see this imaginary rule they keep bringing up that says the whistle should blow immediately and regardless of any other circumstances on a lost mask.

It's only if the player's team has possession, just like an injury.

Is there a video of this non goal? Of course it would happen to us.

Did not get to watch the game but I'm so glad we pulled it out.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I remember when the ice at the Garden was hands-down one of the worst ice surfaces in the league. Now, it seems like every arena is freaking awful. I don't know if it's that all these venues are getting more multipurpose use than they used to or what, but it's pretty lame that the NHL can't provide a better sheet of ice each night.

It's not the NHL that provides the ice.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not the NHL that provides the ice.

I understand that. But, it's the NHL's product at the end of the day, and the fact that the ice is so bad in so many of their venues is embarrassing. If all the courts in the NBA had splinters or all the baseball diamonds had big patches of dirt in the outfield, it would be equally ridiculous. I understand maintaining ice is significantly different, but still. Seems like the league should do more to make sure each venue provides a solid sheet of ice.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
This was a game where I can only shrug and say Oh well, 2 points. We really didn't play well at all. Got a lot of shots but not that many solid chances. Just some individual moments of strong play from Miller and Klein. Hank was also pretty good aside from the one by Skinner.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Good teams win games like that against adversity (Hank soft goal, Ward maskgate)

2 more points, get another 2 tomorrow.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know why I bother with the main boards. We've got 29 sets of fans in there just making up rules. If it happened to any other team, except maybe Toronto, people would be disgusted.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Okay, well if anything, it'll expose bad refereeing.

Nothing new there.

There's still too much confusion regarding goal/no goal/intent to blow the whistle/etc. stuff in the NHL. It seems like once a month there's a call in the league that's apparently contradicted by various rules that people find and quote.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know why I bother with the main boards. We've got 29 sets of fans in there just making up rules. If it happened to any other team, except maybe Toronto, people would be disgusted.

If it happened to MTL, people would be amused. But there would be literally 6000 Habs fans in there, and everyone else would just leave.

Nosferatos

Jan 5, 2011
Bergen
don't know if it's the ice, but Staal, G and mcD had a bad game with loads of giveaways

those two first periods were horrible for 'em.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think this is the first game the Rangers have won this season where Nash didn't record a point. Even though he was held scoreless, he was excellent tonight.

On another note, I'd trade Staal for Sekera in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad