Post-Game Talk: New York Islanders at New York Rangers - January 13 [WARNING #228]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That's all fine, but it's hard to be engaged when you get outplayed every single night.

That's the problem. It will continue to be the problem despite all the deflection we always see on here.
The chicken or the egg. Its a part of the game. maybe not a huge part anymore but always will be. In any contact sport it will always be.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
AV possession is different than corsi, and he's said it himself. They hold onto pucks, move players laterally, and try to maximize scoring chances. We don't know their true possession unless someone tracks actual zone time (proprietary info for some stupid ****ing reason). I'd bet we're not as ****ty of a possession team with the puck in the offensive zone.

Our biggest issues remain our forecheck and transition/in-zone defending. They've been our biggest issues since 15-16.

Obviously we can't know for sure, but I would shit chickens if this team isn't 31st at raw possession.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
And we still got completely outplayed and only won because of our goaltending.

See how it doesn't change anything?

Spin it any way you want but the series was extremely close and most people thought we had the better of the play overall. I think there were 2 games out of the 6 in which Montreal had a distinct advantage in play.

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Spin it any way you want but the series was extremely close and most people thought we had the better of the play overall. I think there were 2 games out of the 6 in which Montreal had a distinct advantage in play.

Not sure what series you watched

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And call me crazy but Girardi's hard hit on Shaw could have had a slight impact going forward for game 5 and 6. Knocking him out for game 6 was a definite advantage for us.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It’s important. You can be as sarcastic as you want. It’s a contact occasionally violent sport. Just because there is no Corsi or other analytics about fighting and hitting doesn’t mean squat. Still one of the most important elements in the game. Teams that have it feel bigger and better about themselves. Period. Argument over. And the guy on your avatar is one of the biggest offenders of being

Fighting isn't important. You put the puck in the net and it'll stop the other team from gooning it up. Especially when you can do it on PP.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Fighting isn't important. You put the puck in the net and it'll stop the other team from gooning it up. Especially when you can do it on PP.

We can't do it anymore on the pp lol.
Anyway, you don't feel hard hitting and showing some emotion is important element to hockey? I mean i wish we could ask a professional hockey player but i can't imagine they would say it isn't

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We can't do it anymore on the pp lol.
Anyway, you don't feel hard hitting and showing some emotion is important element to hockey? I mean i wish we could ask a professional hockey player but i can't imagine they would say it isn't

Not really. Not anymore. The game itself has gotten softer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i've seen plenty of times where it changed momentum of the game especially in playoffs.

So have i in the past. Not sure it works anymore.

The thing is that you are not going to intimidate a really good team by being physical. Poor teams yeah maybe. Not good teams though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would have loved Gallant here. Not saying he's an easy coach to play for but He chooses and he plays character guys on that team...but wait was julien let go before gallant i forget?...otherwise we would have Julien. disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad