New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
I haven't been to Manhattan in 2 years now, the crime stats are insane, I just wonder if its even safe to walk around in Penn Station from things I've heard. People are getting killed every day.

This is such an uninformed comment…. And what “crime stats” are you citing? You mention getting “killed” is that the particular figure you’re claiming has become “insane”? The ACTUAL numbers are below.

City Wide Crime Stats - NYPD

9439BA57-5452-49A6-B432-E82446786FBE.png

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I haven't been to Manhattan in 2 years now, the crime stats are insane, I just wonder if its even safe to walk around in Penn Station from things I've heard. People are getting killed every day.

OANN is incorrect on this one. It ain't great to be in Penn Station but you're not at risk of dying.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This is such an uninformed comment…. And what “crime stats” are you citing? You mention getting “killed” is that the particular figure you’re claiming has become “insane”? The ACTUAL numbers are below.

City Wide Crime Stats - NYPD

View attachment 463577

To be fair, he said he hasn't been to Manhattan in two years and the murder rate is up 40% if you look at the two year mark.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
To be fair, he said he hasn't been to Manhattan in two years and the murder rate is up 40% if you look at the two year mark.

From a generational low point. That very much fits into a "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics" situation, finding a datapoint to support their pre-determined opinion.

The one true fact about New York City: "it used to be better/cool/safer/more fun/whatever positive description" when a person recollects their time living there compared to the present.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
From a generational low point. That very much fits into a "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics" situation, finding a datapoint to support their pre-determined opinion.

The one true fact about New York City: "it used to be better/cool/safer/more fun/whatever positive description" when a person recollects their time living there compared to the present.

That's fine. I've been living in this city since the 80's. Is it as bad as it was back then? Not even close. Does it feel a bit worse, a bit edgier since the pandemic hit? Absolutely.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille