New to HFB? Introduce Yourself Here.

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
Same, super long-time lurker and infrequent poster. Very yinzer-y upbringing: born in Finland but raised in Marshall; 12 years at NA and then 5 at CMU. No specific hockey bona fides, other than playing about 100,000 hours of it growing up and some beer leagues here and there. First hero was Lemieux, like every kid born between 1977 and 1987. John Fedko once told me to **** off in the parking lot of Borders on McKnight.

Went out to SF to work in tech, moved to NYC, founded sports analytics company where I continue to work to this day. Despite my company being all about using math to rationally analyze sports, I've been somewhat correctly outed here as a MAF homer.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Same, super long-time lurker and infrequent poster. Very yinzer-y upbringing: born in Finland but raised in Marshall; 12 years at NA and then 5 at CMU. No specific hockey bona fides, other than playing about 100,000 hours of it growing up and some beer leagues here and there. First hero was Lemieux, like every kid born between 1977 and 1987. John Fedko once told me to **** off in the parking lot of Borders on McKnight.

Went out to SF to work in tech, moved to NYC, founded sports analytics company where I continue to work to this day. Despite my company being all about using math to rationally analyze sports, I've been somewhat correctly outed here as a MAF homer.

killer biography!

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hello everyone. Just started lurking around the boards a month ago. Figured I'd share some of my input here and there.

Go pens!

twowaycenter

May 14, 2014
Cali -> NY
HI I like hockey.

Played through youth in western PA, played in college and still play in adult tournaments sometimes. From Pittsburgh originally but try to keep the yinzing to a minimum - have lived in a lot of places and in norcal now, though moving to NY soon.

Been a Pens fan since I was a kiddo. Try to keep an even keel but enjoy reading others' perspectives.

Kennedy91

Jul 5, 2014
Newcastle,Australia
Hi I never played hockey but have been been a longtime watcher and Penguins fan,Have also been a longtime lurker of these forums. I also go to as much local hockey as i can, Lets go Pens!

DieSuperFly

Nov 23, 2011
Welcome!

Quick rundown:

We hate Craig Adams, but he is serviceable when he isn't being noticed out on the ice.

We hate Rob Scuderi, but still dangle him as tradebait claiming the ol' vet presence in the lockeroom card.

Dan Bylsma and Ray Shero force-fed us defensemen and grinders, so we're happy they're gone now after 5 years of underachieving.

Also, careful where you praise the Penguins as fans around here can get awfully touchy.

LionelHutz*

Welcome!

Quick rundown:

We hate Craig Adams, but he is serviceable when he isn't being noticed out on the ice.

We hate Rob Scuderi, but still dangle him as tradebait claiming the ol' vet presence in the lockeroom card.

Dan Bylsma and Ray Shero force-fed us defensemen and grinders, so we're happy they're gone now after 5 years of underachieving.

Also, careful where you praise the Penguins as fans around here can get awfully touchy.

Yep they all are/were equally worthless.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Welcome!

A little bit of a negative attitude will go a long way in here. :sarcasm:

Just kidding, kinda.

Very knowledgeable group and it shows!!

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Welcome!

You forgot that Beau Bennett is as frail as kindling, The entire organization is cursed with unusual injuries that can only be explained by voodoo(Adams not included), and Spaling is quickly becoming public enemy #1 on these boards.

LionelHutz*

Welcome!

A little bit of a negative attitude will go a long way in here. :sarcasm:

Just kidding, kinda.

Very knowledgeable group and it shows!!

Lurked around for awhile to know there's some solid people here, Know the main boards are crap, sticking here.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Penguin fan since: 2000.
University: Pitt
Favorite player: Mario
Interesting Fact(s)- Originally from Russia
Least favorite player of all time- Jagr, I realize he was pivotal, but the whole "Dying alive" thing just cemented it for me.
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: None
Penguin games- I don't keep count
Vehicle- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
Position played (if any)- O but can play anything
Hobbies: Hockey, Snowboarding, Tennis, Table Tennis
Countries visited: Spain, Israel, and the typical Latin American vacation spots.

I sold a 2003 cav about a year ago. Hope you didn't but that piece of yunk.

LionelHutz*

Little info: I love all the Pittsburgh teams, I like video games, TV(When it doesnt suck),Movies,Music( favorite bands are UFO,Deep Purple, Maiden,Priest,Mercyful Fate/King Diamond) Also like heavy metal,Prog,Progressive Metal,Doom metal, basically any metal I like to nerd out with my Comic book collection I have on my PC, Alcohol, I'm a bad chain smoker(Although I am trying to cut back), Follow the Baby Pens on a semi regular basis.

Favorite Pens player is still Kevin Stevens.

Currently my favorites are the (besides the 2 obvious picks), Maatta,Downie, Favorite prospect is probably Sundqvist.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Little info: I love all the Pittsburgh teams, I like video games, TV(When it doesnt suck),Movies,Music( favorite bands are UFO,Deep Purple, Maiden,Priest,Mercyful Fate/King Diamond) Also like heavy metal,Prog,Progressive Metal,Doom metal, basically any metal I like to nerd out with my Comic book collection I have on my PC, Alcohol, I'm a bad chain smoker(Although I am trying to cut back), Follow the Baby Pens on a semi regular basis,(LOVE Bobby Farnham just because you just flat out cant explain himand have to see him to describe him).

Favorite Pens player is still Kevin Stevens.

64ue71O.gif

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Might as well do this:

Penguin fan since: 1993 (according to my parents...i was three)
University: Art Institute
Favorite player: Teemu
Interesting Fact(s)- I love physics?
Least favorite player of all time- Eric Lindros, no class.
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: Avalanche
Penguin games- 200+
Vehicle- 2012 VW CC
Position played (if any)- CENTER.
Hobbies: Hockey, Guitar, Table Tennis, Physics, Learning
Countries visited: Canada, Italy

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad