New third jerseys

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I would of liked to see either one of these come back too.

I never could get into the Robo Penguins.

However I like the slanted Pittsburgh jerseys and i know alot of people hated them so, I guess to each their own.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I don’t love them or hate them. I don’t buy or wear jerseys though. Do they cut off weird at the shoulders? It looks like the player is wearing a black long sleeve shirt under a yellow vest. I don’t mind the texture or the numbers on the shoulders.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just noticed these 2 are different pictures. Rust's sleeve is all black with yellow. Letang's sleeve has a cool white line in it. Video has the white line in it.

So the Rust pic is a bit wrong.
Edit: nevermind, I saw that you noticed it already, lol.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They are cool, I like them... however our home and away are better than them, by a mile.

That's not a knock on the 3rds, it's just that our home and away are just perfect.

I swear...if they EVER try to change the main uniforms again....I.

Just

I swear!!!!!

They only cool thing is the helmets on these 3rds. Pretty lazy considering how late to the party this effort was...the Pens D-corps weren't involved in design, were they???

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
Disappointing day for Pens fans.. The Murray concussion and the 3rd jersey reveal letdown. Was really hoping to see something from the mid 90s.

Reactions: Hornqvists Glasses

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Disappointing day for Pens fans.. The Murray concussion and the 3rd jersey reveal letdown. Was really hoping to see something from the mid 90s.

No worries. Now next season you'll just be able to feel more secure in getting a baller Riikola 3rd since he'll be more established by then.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
My hatred of the skinny numbers is the biggest reason I never picked up a Stadium Series jersey.

I never picked one of those up because the Stadium Series can go blow itself already.

But yes, obviously I understand it's possible to separate the jersey from the event, so, very supportive of those who are able to.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Man 90s nostalgia is through the roof right now. Boo that. Those are the most hideous jerseys and they never led to a Cup win. 5 Cup wins with our traditional Penguin logo. It should never go anywhere. Pigeon 90s Penguin can die in a fire.

And the Zona jersey is freaking horrendous. Come at me.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They won the Cup using those in-season. I can see why they went back even though I’m not a huge fan. I like them but the triangle makes the logo.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't mind them but I'd like to go old school for a year atleast. Bring back the letters or the old Penguin logo.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Picture this (because I don't know the first thing about photoshop)

Gold jersey. Diagonal Pittsburgh across the front. Pittsburgh coat of arms as a shoulder patch.

I think that'd be perfect

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I feel like @Coach Travis (or maybe it was @Tweed ) that made some pretty nice jersey mock ups.

These?

Penguins_Jerseys_by_Tweed.jpg

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have one issue....

It isn't this.
mario-lemieux.jpg

I have no issue with the logo not having the triangle, it's a slick look, but I do mind them not having the rounded gold area and number dropping down over the lower shoulder.
6c17ec82847e29f05033b8a15aae47db.jpg

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad