DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
New thirds
cut.png

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Not a fan of the material, it reminds me of a towel. Also don't care for the numbers on the shoulders.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Its not bad...but it's missing the triangle...I'm glad its not the robo-penguin or just "Pittsburgh" on the front.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
That's basically the same as the Stadium Series Jersey was. Well without the 'City of Champions' sleeve patch.

cut.jpeg

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Differences between the Stadium Series: an extra white stripe on the sleeve, looks to be the normal number font instead of the specialized one from that game.

I wish that A) the number were inside the black portion on the sleeve, B) that the black part curved around the line of the shoulder yoke like on the primaries, and C) there was striping on the hem. But I don't hate them either.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Welp.. i'm in the minority.

I freaking LOVE them. Except for the missing triangle. Wish the logo was the same.

Same here, man. Taking the Stadium Series jerseys and making some slight tweaks (biggest being that the numbers are normal size and not hideously disproportionate) is honestly what I was hoping for, and not what I was expecting.

I don't get the timing of releasing these, but hey whatever...I'm definitely buying one.

I've wanted the Pens to have a gold jersey ever since I saw a picture of the original thirds from the early 80s as a kid. I just wish we'd be wearing these bad boys while other teams wore their colors...the Predators kinda screwed that up by making their golds their home jerseys.

The helmet also makes me smile like an idiot for some reason.

Reactions: Turin and ColePens

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wanted either this:

s-l300.jpg

or this:

3693970561_35b98c9f5b.jpg
It'd be cool if we had a white version of this as our aways. With the skating penguin on the shoulder.

It seems neat to have your city name on your jerseys when you're on the road like in baseball.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad