New third jerseys

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Primary yellow uniforms just do not look good 90% of the time, especially against black, not blue or purple.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Too much black in the sleeves and
with the amount of black in the sleeves the helmets look off being yellow.

They would flow better being black.
Yup. Too much black on the sleeves.

Also, the transition from the torso to the arms is weird and makes it look like he's wearing a vest or something. The original and the stadium series both did things to alleviate that. This feels half assed.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Not bad. The all black with diagonal Pittsburgh look was my hope, though
I feel the same way.

Though I must say, I have a sick desire to see the robo pigeon again. Call it nostalgia, I grew up watching those jerseys. Most of my memories involve those jerseys, my love for the sport will forever be tied to them in some way. Then, I actually look at those jerseys and nope.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Not a fan. Just looks ... weird. Can't tell if it's the number placement on the shoulders or the place where the color switches on shoulder/sleeves. Just disappointed it wasn't something spectacular. Only plus is helmets.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I mean, one's a soulless robo-Penguin the other is a doofy, awful skating Penguin. Neither is super cool or good. :laugh:

And I didn't even notice the triangle thing behind the crest. I can't imagine that's something that's a huge thing either.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Looks like I’ll be buying two jerseys this year. Third and the Whale.
The Whalers were one of the least successful teams in the history of hockey. Didn’t they only advance past the first round one time?!!?

The organization was on something like a 5 year playoff drought before being relocated. No one gave a crap about Hartford then, so why do you care now?

I mean, are people going to buy Thrashers’ stuff in 10 years?

The whole nostalgic love fest for anything early 1990’s is an epidemic on this site.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The Whalers were one of the least successful teams in the history of hockey. Didn’t they only advance past the first round one time?!!?

The organization was on something like a 5 year playoff drought before being relocated. No one gave a crap about Hartford then, so why do you care now?

The whole nostalgic love fest for anything early 1990’s is an epidemic on this site.

I like the jersey. Always have. The colors. The use of negative space.
Don’t be such a Debbie Downer.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Man 90s nostalgia is through the roof right now. Boo that. Those are the most hideous jerseys and they never led to a Cup win. 5 Cup wins with our traditional Penguin logo. It should never go anywhere. Pigeon 90s Penguin can die in a fire.

And the Zona jersey is freaking horrendous. Come at me.

Yeah the 90s were a really dark time across the NHL, on the graphic design front. It just goes to show you how strongly nostalgia can grip and blind people who have built associations to certain things during their formative years.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

You are wrong. Sorry.

That jersey is quirky as f*** and in sea of boring ass roided up animals, it rocks.

It also does an attempt to pay homage to the Native peoples and their art style. You literally can't hate on that.

I mean. WTF even IS a Flyer? Seen Penguins in Pittsburgh? A King in LA?

The original uniforms and logos went a bit too crazy with the Navajo inspired design. But even the current logo has elements of the local art. Plus the colors no other team uses.

Like.

They're one of the best thoughtout designs.

4864994.jpg
full-Red%2CWhite%26Bold.jpg
vintage-phonix-coyotes-jersey-black-1999-2003-3.gif

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like the robo pigeon penguin or whatever we are calling it for 2 reasons:

1. As a late 80's baby, most of my memories of the Penguins were in that jersey
2. I suck at drawing, but that Penguin logo was something I always drew in school growing up. Hell, I carved a pumpkin with that logo a few years ago. Certainly can't do that with the skating penguin.

That said, I'm glad the jersey does not have that logo.

Reactions: EightyOne

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

It's not because it was a 80s-90s blast from the past I'm a fan of simple jerseys and I always thought Hartford looked very clean. Love em. Has nothing to do with the teams success (of lack thereof though).

Also loved the nordiques Jersey.

The Thrashers sweaters on the other hand were putrid. The logo was bad as well.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
You are wrong. Sorry.

That jersey is quirky as **** and in sea of boring ass roided up animals, it rocks.

It also does an attempt to pay homage to the Native peoples and their art style. You literally can't hate on that.

I mean. WTF even IS a Flyer? Seen Penguins in Pittsburgh? A King in LA?

The original uniforms and logos went a bit too crazy with the Navajo inspired design. But even the current logo has elements of the local art. Plus the colors no other team uses.

Like.

They're one of the best thoughtout designs.

4864994.jpg
full-Red%2CWhite%26Bold.jpg
vintage-phonix-coyotes-jersey-black-1999-2003-3.gif

The terminator coyote was one of the few exotic jerseys I likes.

Normally I like simple plain jerseys. Like Penn States, just 2-3 colors and block numbers nothing fancy.

When it gets too busy or is too complicated or the font gets ridiculous (like the buccaneers or titans) I always dislike it.

To each their own though. Everyone can like what they want. Has nothing to do with the eras to me.
I still think the Steelers need to go back to block numbers and remove the logo from the jerseys.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
It's not because it was a 80s-90s blast from the past I'm a fan of simple jerseys and I always thought Hartford looked very clean. Love em. Has nothing to do with the teams success (of lack thereof though).

Also loved the nordiques Jersey.

The Thrashers sweaters on the other hand were putrid. The logo was bad as well.
I agree I love the Whalers jersey. I always have. I used to have one about 20 years ago.

Reactions: USMC607

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Man 90s nostalgia is through the roof right now. Boo that. Those are the most hideous jerseys and they never led to a Cup win. 5 Cup wins with our traditional Penguin logo. It should never go anywhere. Pigeon 90s Penguin can die in a fire.

That's a f***ing hard yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->