Harrold
Brunner

all at -1.

Everyone else even.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Actual talent does matter too, you know. This is the kind of stuff most people missed when they assumed we'd be SOOOOO much better without the 'flashy stars'. You still need guys that can actually score more than 20 goals a season. Depth players can only shine when you have big guns around to take pressure off them. Depth players ain't carrying an offense.

They do have guys who can put up 20 a season without it being a great year for them, sure they don't have a star but it really shouldn't inhibit goal scoring that much.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think that lineup changes for tomorrow are in order. There should be urgency. No way you wanna go down 0-2-0 with a long road trip coming up.

I'd like to see Olesz and Josefson in. And Harrold out with Fayne in.

One thing I have to say about Cory. Only goal I can fault him on was the hideous rebound on goal 1. If we do see performances like this from him often, I think it's time to say Marty isn't as bad as we thought he was, and this teams defense is not as good as we thought it was.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jim really needs to pipe down after this team that was going to be so much improved laid a giant, wet stinkbomb tonight. The whole lot of them. It's one game for Schnieder, it's been almost 50 with an offense that just keeps declining by the season.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It does lie with him IMO. His system isn't working. Some of that isn't really his fault though.

Stupid lineup decisions are. And I wouldn't be surprised if Schneider is in the dog house after this one.

Maybe this was just an anomaly though, and the team will get better. Let's see where we are at the end of October.

IMO, the fault today lies with our players and our finish. we could be dirtier up front near their net, but the fact that we had so many shots on goal is pretty good - we just lack finish. if the boys start getting smart with the puck, maybe we'll start lighting it up.

also, holy #@$%, brunner had 33% of our shots?!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thought if Schneider only saw 20 shots he was going to set records this season?

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Clowe and Brunner/Lokti after they were put together are the only positives I can take out of that game. Same snake bitten garbage as last year.

What was Zids thinking on that open net?

2/3 of our d pairings make me vomit everywhere when they're on the ice...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Cory has a lot of outings like this (Marty has had plenty too) I think it's time to come to terms with the fact that our defense is NOT good.

There are teams that give up 35 shots nightly that see lower quality scoring chances against, than our sometimes sub 20 shot against games.

I firmly believe our defense is not as good as many think, and our goalies aren't as bad as they seem.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Remember those days when we had something called an A-line? Or an EGG line? A line that we could really count on to score some goals. My God has it been that long?

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I think that lineup changes for tomorrow are in order. There should be urgency. No way you wanna go down 0-2-0 with a long road trip coming up.

I'd like to see Olesz and Josefson in. And Harrold out with Fayne in.

One thing I have to say about Cory. Only goal I can fault him on was the hideous rebound on goal 1. If we do see performances like this from him often, I think it's time to say Marty isn't as bad as we thought he was, and this teams defense is not as good as we thought it was.

A long road trip is exactly what this team needs.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can some of the save% people tell me what happened tonight? I thought the the 927% was supposed to translate to New Jersey?

njdevilsownnhl*

We're easy to defend against because we just pass to the point and try to get a lucky deflection goal every single time. There is zero creativity. They need to just drive the net on the rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad