Post-Game Talk: New season, same dead offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Jim really needs to pipe down after this team that was going to be so much improved laid a giant, wet stinkbomb tonight. The whole lot of them. It's one game for Schnieder, it's been almost 50 with an offense that just keeps declining by the season.

It feeds the narrative.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''Yeah we knew they were gonna come out hard, so what I did was moved Zajac over to wing, and gave Salvador the second highest TOI on defense. You'll see Harrold back in tomorrow. I thought he and Volchie were real solid cause I'm really just a big giant idiot''.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
Schneider did not look better than brodeur

Its only one start, but he needs to be better or Marty should get the lions share of the starts

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
again, bring back 9 and 17 and i'll be more optomistic. Where's the scoring coming from on this team? They have one offensive defenseman that scores seven goals a year, one one-dimensional forward that's capable of 30 goals (ryder) and a bunch of 15-20 goal guys...real great offense.

one game really?

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
IMO, the fault today lies with our players and our finish. we could be dirtier up front near their net, but the fact that we had so many shots on goal is pretty good - we just lack finish. if the boys start getting smart with the puck, maybe we'll start lighting it up.

also, holy #@$%, brunner had 33% of our shots?!

There was no finish because there was no start - you've got to set up plays to create good chances. I said a while this whole season would depend on the chemistry, just have to give it time to develop.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
one game really?

I was saying this before the season...but people wanted to believe the blind eyed optomism that depth was better than talent and it would be another 2003 again (even though we're playing Volch and Harrold instead of Stevens and Nieds on defense).

I mean yeah Pittsburgh's a great offensive team, but we just got shut out by a BAD defense and goaltender. Good luck trying to get goals against actual defense/goalies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Why are we talking about scoring when save% is clearly the issue?

Don't change the conversation now that is what I was told all last year and all off season.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Perhaps some of you (and the "experts") are right and this is a signal for the season to be. I just think it's ******** for more than half this board to tout how we have a more balanced team this season for the last couple of months and now after one ****ing game these same people do a complete 180 and think we are going to be trash. **** that negative ********. We saw the same thing 2 years ago. We have 50% turnover on the forward corp and some questionable vets on D to start. Let things sort themselves out before we go down that road, for ****'s sake.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our defense isn't as good as people think.

The 35 shots that Buffalo allows per game, are safer than the 20 we allow per game.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
There's not a single aspect of the sport of ice hockey in which the Devils "dominated play" tonight. :huh:

Correct they played ok territory wise They did stop turning it over towards end so that's good. Moving on. Truth be told first 10 we gotta keep afloat until we are set w lines etc. I think a little more speed tomorrow would be nice though good night see ya at the rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->