Confirmed with Link: New Scoreboard at Gila River Arena

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well, at least the "new" scoreboard will be made from Daktronics, my favorite brand.

The current one is Daktronics as well. It's just kinda old, but more of an issue it was made at a pretty turbulent time in video tech so it was outdated very quickly.
I think I like the design of the old one better in terms of the aesthetics though.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The current one is Daktronics as well. It's just kinda old, but more of an issue it was made at a pretty turbulent time in video tech so it was outdated very quickly.
I think I like the design of the old one better in terms of the aesthetics though.

I'm on the fence of the "Jerryworld" "longer sideline than baseline" scoreboards, but this one looks good.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I did not realize, when I went to NJ last fall, that I was seeing the cutting edge, especially only 6-8 weeks after seeing AT&T Stadium in Dallas (kickoff classic Florida v. Michigan).

But, i think itll be like getting a test drive in a Bugatti , then coming home and trading in your 15 year old Honda Accord for a 2014 BMW. Sure it's not the absolute best, but it's still a lot more than what u had... I'm really looking forward to the change

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Quick question, Yotes fans:

Do you like the style of scoreboards where the sideline screens are larger than the baseline? (Yes, the term "baseline" might be incorrect when talking about a hockey arena, but I can't find the right term for the short ends in GRA.)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I'm on the fence of the "Jerryworld" "longer sideline than baseline" scoreboards, but this one looks good.

When you see the new one you will change your mind. This was a long time coming.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Do you like the style of scoreboards where the sideline screens are larger than the baseline? (Yes, the term "baseline" might be incorrect when talking about a hockey arena, but I can't find the right term for the short ends in GRA.)

"End boards" or "goal line" work. :P

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It's nice to see Gila River Arena being upgraded. It's not the newest venue, but it is a newer venue, and really a great venue for hockey and events. The lighting and scoreboard are being upgraded, and those are the most important things at a hockey venue. This should have happened long ago.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Snarks play in San Jose. What does that have to do with the fact they still don’t sell macho nachos at the arena dammit!!!!

:neener:
Yet the Shark fans have been the most decent and least snarky on the boards. That's why I have no trouble rooting for the Sharks in the playoffs.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I could not care less about the shape of it. I just want enough resolution to see the puck on the damned thing.

Reactions: Jakey53

John Tortorella

Aug 20, 2018
This is the asset we've been missing since the 2012 run. No wonder we haven't made the playoffs. Y is this news?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Never knew what reddit was until you posted that and holy **** there's like a whole other fanbase over there. And they are vulgar somtimes LMAO. We better though, don't worry I'm not jumpin ship

The reddit group and this group is pretty good. Stay away from fan comments on Facebook though. That's where the "casual" fans who haven't the first clue about hockey mouth off.

Reactions: 0point1

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I wonder if it's up and running yet? Also I'm reaaaaallllllly hoping they updated the lighting in-arena. Hard to tell, but these pictures do seem brighter:

cut (1).jpg
IMG_20180915_161006.jpg
IMG_20180915_161617.jpg

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Never knew what reddit was until you posted that and holy **** there's like a whole other fanbase over there. And they are vulgar somtimes LMAO. We better though, don't worry I'm not jumpin ship

People are self-segregated for good reason at this point. The reddit group isn't that bad.

Also, reddit is like the 6th or 7th most popular website out there (right after Wikipedia) so where you been hiding? ;)

Craig confirms. Soooo rad!

Did they switch to LEDs from those dreary old halogens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad