The arena is getting a new scoreboard.

Coyotes, Glendale & AEG Invest in State-of-the-Art Centerhung Video Board

cut.jpg

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^Feckless mentioned elsewhere it was a used system, although I didn't see that in the article, and the Coyotes do have a dead link now "Massive Video Board Will Enhance Game Day Experience For Fans". Anyone know from where? (it's also possible I just overlooked it)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
^Feckless mentioned elsewhere it was a used system, although I didn't see that in the article, and the Coyotes do have a dead link now "Massive Video Board Will Enhance Game Day Experience For Fans". Anyone know from where? (it's also possible I just overlooked it)

Craig's original story said that it was a $10M cost to purchase, that it was "a couple of years old," and that it came from another arena (wonder if it was another of AEG's arenas that just got a new board? Maybe Staples?).

EDIT: Craig's story has been updated to read that a brand new board would cost $10M, but that this one was "a few years old":

The Daktronics, center-hung display system was purchased from another arena and is just a few years old. It will be supplemented by auxiliary displays. It will be ready for the home opener Oct. 6 when the Coyotes host the Anaheim Ducks. The Coyotes did not divulge what the board cost but it is believed the cost of a new board today would be in excess of $10 million.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Craig's original story said that it was a $10M cost to purchase, that it was "a couple of years old," and that it came from another arena (wonder if it was another of AEG's arenas that just got a new board? Maybe Staples?).

EDIT: Craig's story has been updated to read that a brand new board would cost $10M, but that this one was "a few years old":

A few new ones latelyish:
Largest in-arena scoreboard in the world unveiled at Prudential Center
https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...ard-rafters-their-new-524-million/1026196001/
New scoreboard, high-def upgrades coming to FedExForum | Memphis Grizzlies

I mainly hope it's not too distracting.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/08/16/coyotes-team-up-with-glendale-aeg-to-buy.html

I don't know if this has already been discussed but it says here the team payed for part of the new board:

“This will put us in the upper echelon in the entire NHL in terms of the best scoreboards,” said Ahron Cohen, the Coyotes' president and CEO. “In addition to our improved fan experience, it will give us a great platform to showcase content from our corporate and community partners.”

That sounds like a positive step in the team's relationship with Glendale and shows that they are making an effort to get some of the corporate money the continued relocation/new arena/subsidy talk over the years has pissed away. Now if they'd just sign a multi-year lease they could give corporate sponsors more confidence to spend money with the team long term.

Reactions: doaner

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Nobody at the team listens to me (or else we'd have RIGHTEOUS NACHOS and better uniforms), but I do believe AEG has planned to go full LED with the lighting over the course of the next year.
I'm fine with the uni's….but the food gets worse every year. And starting this past year no Poutine or Timbits....

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Interesting, glad this is happening! The old scoreboard was very dated compared to the new ones that have come out(such is technology).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad