Rumor: New Oilers Third Jersey

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
No, the orange jersey is just an alternate. The main reason they introduced it seems to be this is the last season at Rexall.

Thats what I thought too but then I saw this quote:

“This new orange jersey is an exciting addition to the roster of jerseys worn by the Edmonton Oilers over the last 40 years,†Oilers Entertainment Group CEO Bob Nicholson said in a news release. “It is both contemporary and fresh while also paying homage to the great history of the organization.

“The wave of orange is going to look great during our farewell season at Rexall Place and beyond.â€

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...vid+presented+with+orange/11170800/story.html

dem

Mar 17, 2002
It will look better with pads under it...

The shoulders look pretty crappy without pads.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
distinctive and great. The main jersey is the 'normal' one. The third stands out. I can't wait to see the whole team wearing it. They said the home opener would have it I think.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
****ing gorgeous! That sweater is a perfect compliment to their existing and traditional uniform set. I hope they keep these three forever.

DesiFever

Sep 17, 2006
City of Champs
Blue jerseys staying. These will just be used as an alternate jersey. They look beautiful, especially when modeled on a player in full gear. This has been in the works for a while and saw the final product a couple weeks ago on a player in full gear - you guys are in for a big treat in my opinion. I absolutely love the look of these things.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If there's one thing I've learned via this thread, it's that it is completely impossible to create a jersey that will get 100% positive reviews. :laugh:

Personally, file me under the "it's OK" ledger. It's not squee-worthy, but it's not the worst thing I've seen an NHL player wear either. Whatever.

I'm guessing that customer reviews during next season will decide whether or not it sees the light of day after the Rexall swan song.

Ogopogo*

I want these rugged jerseys back

weight-doug-620-thumb-620xauto-174494.jpg

Those are bland. The orange is fantastic!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's terrible or anything like that either. It's a nice gesture for the final season in Rexall I guess.

I personally don't mind orange as a jersey color, but I prefer the orange + white combo more predominately like the Netherlands jerseys

AUTHENTIC-AAA-top-thailand-quality-2014-Netherlands-home-world-cup-soccer-jersey-Thai-quality-Holland-Sneijder.jpg

Maybe add just a touch of blue trim to that. I would've preferred that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad