Rumor: New Oilers Third Jersey

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
I'm fine with a bold design for the alternates but I hope they don't change the main jersey.

And please no 90s copper. Orange is the Oilers colour.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Anyone try to buy one today? I assume they're just pre-order but never know, they might have a stash kicking around cause lets be honest, they've known for a long time this was happening!!! Im in the market for a new jersey and was sure Id get a new blue one but this one is unreal. Absolutely love it :amazed:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anyone try to buy one today? I assume they're just pre-order but never know, they might have a stash kicking around cause lets be honest, they've known for a long time this was happening!!! Im in the market for a new jersey and was sure Id get a new blue one but this one is unreal. Absolutely love it :amazed:

They won't be in stores until September/October.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Saw them available for preorder, at United Cycle today, for $197.97

Yeah, can't recall, but it had a player on it, too...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
0626-edm15-all.png

That is perfection. :handclap:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Now all they need to do is fix the collars on the Home and Away jerseys.

I don't know why, but I actually quite like the collars on those. The positives of the sharp square-esque look of them outweighs the negatives on their odd lack of connection IMO. But I can definitely see why others would not be into that look.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
oiler_3rd.jpg

This looks like a someone wearing a blue crewneck sweater passed out in the middle of the street and got run over by a line painting crew.

But playing in the Western Conference that jersey would at least offer some foreshadowing. Sorry if this joke has already been made.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Now all they need to do is fix the collars on the Home and Away jerseys.

It'll probably happen when the new arena is up and running. Gotta milk them

I think I read that these new alternates are just for next year because end of Rexall place. Any truth to that? Supposedly just a homage to the AB Oilers and the fact they played in the old barn.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It'll probably happen when the new arena is up and running. Gotta milk them

I think I read that these new alternates are just for next year because end of Rexall place. Any truth to that? Supposedly just a homage to the AB Oilers and the fact they played in the old barn.

Makes sense, keep the general pieces the same and update every few years to keep the cash flow going. Sort of like MTL and TOR do every so often.

Maybe the next step is WHA logos?
1974-75_77-78_Edmonton_Ab_DeMarco_frt.JPG

4bb5e3a8e7368cd2.jpg

Possibly when Connor brings us another outdoor game in the coming years.

Beatle17

Jan 14, 2009
As a Flyer fan I didn't think another team should wear orange jerseys but I will say I actually think these look good. A bonus for me is linking back to the original Alberta Oilers colors.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Makes sense, keep the general pieces the same and update every few years to keep the cash flow going. Sort of like MTL and TOR do every so often.

Maybe the next step is WHA logos?
1974-75_77-78_Edmonton_Ab_DeMarco_frt.JPG

4bb5e3a8e7368cd2.jpg

Possibly when Connor brings us another outdoor game in the coming years.

Maybe. I had read on twitter that the use of these new alternates was just because it's paying respect to the Alberta Oilers heritage and the fact this year will be the last at Rexall.

Oilers should have an Outdoor game again. Preferably Edmonton vs Buffalo...for the fact it'll probably be loosey goosey game...at least defensively

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Maybe. I had read on twitter that the use of these new alternates was just because it's paying respect to the Alberta Oilers heritage and the fact this year will be the last at Rexall.

Oilers should have an Outdoor game again. Preferably Edmonton vs Buffalo...for the fact it'll probably be loosey goosey game...at least defensively

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers play in the Winnipeg outdoor game whenever that happens (2016-17 maybe?). That would be the perfect time to bust out a WHA era jersey -- for both teams.

GreyEagle14

Jun 18, 2010
Did anyone preorder one of the orange jerseys through the oilers site? I received an email from Sheri Wasyliw, asking for my credit card information to pay for the sweater... Seems a bit sketchy to just give it out via email without some sort of secure payment form or anything. Anybody else experience this or anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad