Movies: New lion king movie

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Don't know most of these people, but John Oliver and Seth Rogan? Bleh. Also not too crazy about Beyonce as Nala, but I assume they wanted someone who could sing and has star power.

Also agree on Jeremy Irons for Scar. Can't imagine anyone else in that role. At least the guy they got is British, so it may work.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I like the casting.

This movie will all be in the execution though. The Jungle Book had a human character at the centre which made it easier to ground. This will have all characters being CGI, and I'm not sure how well that will work.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't like casting of Scar

If your going to keep JEJ as Mufasa then you should have brought back Irons and not cast someone so young as Scar

Loved Irons as Scar

How exactly will this live action work honestly given they are playing animals?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't understand why you need a live-action remake of a movie with zero human parts, but, gotta make that money, right?

That said, think they did an excellent job with the cast. Why did they change the names of the Hyenas, though?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't understand why you need a live-action remake of a movie with zero human parts, but, gotta make that money, right?

Yeah I dont get how this is going to work. Like, are they gonna use CGI to make a lion that has a face like Beyonce?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Disney straight up stole this idea and is now remaking a remake that they stole.

Can things get any more convoluted?

Reactions: Pilky01

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Something tells me that Seth Rogan was born to play Pumbaa.

Trailer doesn't give a whole lot away but it got me kinda hyped

I hate it when trailers give too much away. I want to go into this not knowing anything of the plot.

Reactions: discostu

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Main thought I had during the trailer was "I should just go and watch the original again."

Reactions: 18Hossa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad