Line Combos: New lineup??

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I'm not so sure that Lafferty is a lock to make this lineup. The difference between us being able to carry a 20 or a 21-man roster is Lafferty. If any of two of Gambrell, Holmberg, McMann or Gregor have good camps, We might as well just go with the cheaper option

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm not so sure that Lafferty is a lock to make this lineup. The difference between us being able to carry a 20 or a 21-man roster is Lafferty. If any of two of Gambrell, Holmberg, McMann or Gregor have good camps, We might as well just go with the cheaper option
Lafferty can fly though. Very fast player and he plays hard. I think he's a lock.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Whoa. How did Lafferty become a top 6 forward overnight?

I know he can skate fast but no one takes issue with him as our top 6 winger?

Many seem to take issue with Reaves on the 4th line, but Lafferty (who's career high in assists is 11) is fine in TOR's top 6?

::scratches head hard/draws blood::

Reactions: supermann_98

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Many seem to take issue with Reaves on the 4th line, but Lafferty (who's career high in assists is 11) is fine in TOR's top 6?

If you have Matthews, Nylander and Tavares centering their own lines… I feel like Tavares gets the least amount of ice time out of those three and his line would technically be the teams third line.

Not to mention, Nylander is centering two NHL established players meanwhile JT has a rookie and a fringe NHL player on his line. I’d consider that more of the teams third line.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’m still pulling for Robertson. IMO he showed he belongs in the NHL last season, he’s just had terrible luck when it comes to injuries. A new season, and with a lot of time to get stronger and more mature hopefully he comes into camp and earns a spot in the lineup.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Nylander - Jarnkrok
Domi - Tavares - Robertson
Lafferty - Kampf - Reaves

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I for one definitely take issue with it. Even if you consider Tavares' line the 3rd line I still don't think Lafferty should be in that spot.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
When the dust settles, I hope this is what our lineup will eventually look like:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Klingberg
Giordano-Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll

Last edited:
Reactions: Knies iT

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
When the dust settles, I hope this is what our lineup will eventually like:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Klingberg
Giordano-Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll
I like the lines but I would make one swap: Lafferty and Robertson. Gives the 3rd line a better defensive presence to shelter Domi, and gives the 4th line a scoring presence in Robertson.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Domi-Lafferty
Robertson-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Klingberg
Giordano-Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Haven't seen a generic thread for our new forward lines - what do you think so far?

Examples;
Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Marner
Knies - Holmberg? - Jarnkrok
Reaves - Kampf - Lafferty
Robertson extra?

Could see Knies in the top 6 at some point, but I think they start him on the 3rd line.
Why is Domi playing on the 2nd line?

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
For the top 9 - been thinking about…

Domi Matthews Jarnkrok
Bertuzzi JT Marner
Knies Minten Nylander

I think Bertuzzi is a better fit with JT.
I prefer Marner playing with 2 scorers.
Never Nylander with JT.

Sep 18, 2009
For the top 9 - been thinking about…

Domi Matthews Jarnkrok
Bertuzzi JT Marner
Knies Minten Nylander

I think Bertuzzi is a better fit with JT.
I prefer Marner playing with 2 scorers.
Never Nylander with JT.
MINTEN? wow
a rook

Reactions: Budz

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Domi - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Minten - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves
Lafferty

Reactions: LDN

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
All i know is that i dont want to ever more se Tavares and Nylander on the same line, maby on pp1. Not 5v5 ever again. Other then that Mr Keefe can change those lines ever third game as usual.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah I had Nylander and Tavares together in my lines above but last night was a reminder they don’t work together.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Minten Nylander
Domi Tavares Lafferty
Gregor Kampf Reaves

Jarnkrok traded for cap space

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Bertuzzi is mostly stapled to Matthews and Marner. I understand why and it may work eventually, but I would definitely be trying Knies out with those guys as well. He may work better up there and Bertuzzi actually might work better with Tavares and Nylander.

Knies - Matthews - Marner

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Domi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Minten - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves
Lafferty
Swap Lafferty and Reaves. That makes a good pesky 4th line. I really don't see how Kampf and Reaves are a fit. I really don't see how Reaves is a fit period and I'm a mouth breathing dinosaur.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
So looking at CapFriendly, with Timmins injured and most likely placed on LTIR, that gives us a bit of extra space. According to my exceptionally poor math skills, after waiving Gambrell and Jones we are still around $200,000 above the cap. That’s still counting Holmberg on the cap, but not Gregor, Benoit or Minten. Even sending Holmberg down to get under the cap means we start 11F and 6D which is not ideal. Sending Holmberg down and adding Gregor or Minten puts us above the cap again. Definitely has to be a move made between now and Monday. Extremely curious to see what Treliving does here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad