Oct 19, 2023
Domi-Matthews-Bertuzzi
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Nylander-Jarnkrok
Gregor-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Lily
Giordano-Klingberg

I would like to see something like this tried. Willie has looked great on the wing this year but I’m curious to see him get an extended look at C. This lineup will also give an opportunity to get our “outside the core” guys going.
I think that when they are giving domi that 15min instead of 12min and Knies 15min instead of that 11.9min it will get better. Bertyzzi should also play like 16min+. Not 15.1min. Then we will get the win. You will see this.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The way I see it good or bad Fraser Minten is going to get his 9 games in the NHL. There is no way the Leafs are going to cut him before he gets those 9 games, whether it takes 9 games or 15 games he'll get his time in.

Once he heads back to Kamloops this is what I'd like to see.

Knies - Matthews - Nylander

Bertuzzi - JT - MM

Domi - Kampf - BongRip

Gregor - Holmberg - Reaves

If Domi is still struggling after 6 games with those guys, then I think you have to give some serious thought to the nuclear option and waive him. Some Marlie time may be just what he needs and if he gets picked up, the worst thing that would happen would be some cap flexibility. They could then call up Robbie, who has come out of the gate like a house on fire in the AHL, and may finally be ready for the big time.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Minten will be going back at some point. Subtract him out. Get Holmberg, McMann, and Robertson up. Demote Reaves because he can't actually play hockey at the NHL level.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - McMann
Domi - Kampf - Robertson
Gregor

You have two versatile, offensive lines that will play a lot of minutes. Somewhat of a utility third line. And a 4th line that is deployed as a sheltered scoring line (Kampf can take on all the defensive responsibility to cover for two other flawed offensive players).

I do like this lineup a lot better, other than Reavo still being around.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Basically……top two lines better score or we are screwed. Like what is Domi supposed to do with that? Hate these lines.

Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Marner
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
Domi needs to work on his defence first.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Domi needs to work on his defence first.
Fair point but we need to see what he has. Give that line very sheltered mins. We need to give bertuzzi, knies, domi actual mins and support them to see if we do need to trade them.

If they fail then we need to start shopping (except knies).

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Basically……top two lines better score or we are screwed. Like what is Domi supposed to do with that? Hate these lines.

Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Marner
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
The problem with those lines is you have your two best scorers together.

MrKnackerton

Oct 19, 2023
Minten will be going back at some point. Subtract him out. Get Holmberg, McMann, and Robertson up. Demote Reaves because he can't actually play hockey at the NHL level.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - McMann
Domi - Kampf - Robertson
Gregor

You have two versatile, offensive lines that will play a lot of minutes. Somewhat of a utility third line. And a 4th line that is deployed as a sheltered scoring line (Kampf can take on all the defensive responsibility to cover for two other flawed offensive players).

I do like this lineup a lot better, other than Reavo still being around.
I think that Reaves will play silly good agains the lightnings tomorrow night. He will definitely fight with someone. And adds that vokal game like no other. Lets see what happens tomorrow and also see how our other linebackers and pawns play. We need them all against that horrid, agitated tampa team

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think that Reaves will play silly good agains the lightnings tomorrow night. He will definitely fight with someone. And adds that vokal game like no other. Lets see what happens tomorrow and also see how our other linebackers and pawns play. We need them all against that horrid, agitated tampa team
They need goals against TB, not fights.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I still have hope Bertuzzi will be a decent addition. I don't see him make too many stupid plays. He has some snarl. I think he'll start to score soon.

Reaves is a 4th liner and he is never going to bring much offense. But, he knows his role, in limited minutes he is good addition.

Klingberg and Domi are pretty rough on the eyes so far. I didn't expect them to be as bad as they are defensively. So far it's noticeable. I think with the way they're using Klingberg, he is going to get some points. But, I'm worried Domi might be another poor fit like Nick Ritchie was.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The way I see it good or bad Fraser Minten is going to get his 9 games in the NHL. There is no way the Leafs are going to cut him before he gets those 9 games, whether it takes 9 games or 15 games he'll get his time in.

Once he heads back to Kamloops this is what I'd like to see.

Knies - Matthews - Nylander

Bertuzzi - JT - MM

Domi - Kampf - BongRip

Gregor - Holmberg - Reaves

If Domi is still struggling after 6 games with those guys, then I think you have to give some serious thought to the nuclear option and waive him. Some Marlie time may be just what he needs and if he gets picked up, the worst thing that would happen would be some cap flexibility. They could then call up Robbie, who has come out of the gate like a house on fire in the AHL, and may finally be ready for the big time.

Robertson would look much better on this team right now, but yeah not willing to give up on Domi just yet

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I still have hope Bertuzzi will be a decent addition. I don't see him make too many stupid plays. He has some snarl. I think he'll start to score soon.

Reaves is a 4th liner and he is never going to bring much offense. But, he knows his role, in limited minutes he is good addition.

Klingberg and Domi are pretty rough on the eyes so far. I didn't expect them to be as bad as they are defensively. So far it's noticeable. I think with the way they're using Klingberg, he is going to get some points. But, I'm worried Domi might be another poor fit like Nick Ritchie was.
Where was his snarl when Willy got run into the boards from behind

Reactions: Magic Man

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
When Bert stood up for himself others joined in. The problem with the 4 is they don't engage in their own defense. If this does not change, the team identity will remain downy soft and the team will continue to lose against teams that play hard against them.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The revamped lines were more effective (crucially, putting Kampf between two offensive but flawed players as I'd been advocating for paid off).

Reaves played 5 minutes and showed why he really has no place on the team.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think it's so much a snarl. He's a greasy player and the Leafs will need that. His value might show more in a playoff game but I think in time he will be good. I think early on here he is trying a bit too hard in to make something happen or get noticed and needs to let the game come to him a bit. He does create net front presence on a few of the Matthews goals not really noticed.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It would be incredible if we could run 3 legit lines:

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Knies - Kampf - Domi
Gregor - Holmberg - Reaves/McMann

To me, this is so much better than going Matthews-Marner and Nylander-Tavares.

That top line will be dangerous every single shift, and the 2nd and 3rd lines are actually set up to provide some scoring depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00