New jersey to be revealed this offseason

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like the simplified kachina shown here (just the head would be even better). Use fewer colors.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I’m not sure this includes the uniforms or just graphic assets for site, social, merch, ad creative, etc.

It most likely will include the uniforms. The graphic assets they're planning on changing include the color palette and the wordmarks, which leads me to believe that they're also going to change the logo. It does say that they're going to be doing an "edgy" take on historical team logos and branding, though, so I'm guessing they're doing a new version of the kachina with updated colors.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It most likely will include the uniforms. The graphic assets they're planning on changing include the color palette and the wordmarks, which leads me to believe that they're also going to change the logo. It does say that they're going to be doing an "edgy" take on historical team logos and branding, though, so I'm guessing they're doing a new version of the kachina with updated colors.
I'm not sold that the uniforms will change. We'll see.

Reactions: SniperHF

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I wonder if they'll go with the kachina head sans mask and new color pallette (my guess is they'll be getting rid of the red or emphasize it much less-kinda like the feather only). Or perhaps a howling kachina head.

Or maybe a kachina head with the moon background (although that might be too busy)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wonder if they'll go with the kachina head sans mask and new color pallette (my guess is they'll be getting rid of the red or emphasize it much less-kinda like the feather only). Or perhaps a howling kachina head.

Or maybe a kachina head with the moon background (although that might be too busy)
I like the green a lot. I’d love it to be more neon. I love the purple a lot. Especially the neon purple from the reverse retros. I want these to be bright, insane, electric peyote trips.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don't think anything is really going to change that we don't already suspect. They used the kachina logo at the draft, they're using it for the teams social media. They won't be changing logos again. The away Jersey will become the white Kachina and expect the purple jersey to be the third.

They're doing a soft launch so it will not be anything big. New wordmarks, alternate logos and colours reflecting the kachina look. I also expect some wild "edgy" merchandise to come.

Reactions: Jakey53

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

I love the kachina color palette and jersey striping more then the logo itself. Hopefully they don’t stray too far from a southwestern color mix with whatever they do.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I love the kachina color palette and jersey striping more then the logo itself. Hopefully they don’t stray too far from a southwestern color mix with whatever they do.

Agreed. We're unique. Like half the league is blue or red (firetruck red, not Coyotes red).

Reactions: mouser

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yep, gotta stay SW and embrace the culture… even if that culture is fading.
Let’s say we say heritage.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Reducing the color palette down a bit seems smart. I could go for the red and sand scheme or something bright like the neon purple and whatever.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'd get rid of the Black and Red (both over represented colors in the NHL). Use purple, green, and desert sand.
Home=purple (a slightly darker and less "glossy" purple than the retro), Away=light sand (kind of an off-white)
Alternate=green (a darker green than MIN)

I'd be fine with a steel (or steel/turquoise blend) or dark copper instead of green (I'm not sure how an alternate copper jersey would look).

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I hope the team stays away from anything red honestly. I want cactus green to stay along with purple
Agree. Washington, New Jersey, Carolina, Ottawa, Montreal, Florida, Detroit, Chicago, Arizona and Calgary wear red. Am I missing anyone? The Wild were red but I think are officially green now.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Watching this train wreck has obviously warped all of our minds but thinking purple and green as the primary colors is a good idea is on another level...
Its on a “I’ll never buy another piece of merchandise from this franchise again if they stay that ugly.” Level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai Yo T and RemoAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So the kachina’s changing? That kinda sucks

Yeah it's not clear to me this is actually a good idea, screwing with the color scheme.. The old throwbacks sell buckets. Why screw with it?

You could easily adpot the old Kachinas (with a re-worked away) and roll them for ~3 years milk that bone dry and then retool. Why retool when interest in the team is likely at half decade low.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Why change anything this year? It’s going to be a tank year. Do it when fans have something to be excited about. Wait a couple years, then the rebranding becomes a rebirth of sorts.

Reactions: rt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad