GDT: New Jersey @ M*A*S*H* (aka Leafs) | Nov 8 | TSN | 7:30est | Honouring Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
The funniest part of this whole situation for the devils is that they got ****ed in the worst possible way. They lose a potential lottery pick this year, and Kolvachuk left aswell LOLLL. I honestly feel so bad for the fanbase.

I don't think that's the worst part of it... the worst part is that they didn't know Kovalchuk would leave until after they traded for Schneider (at least I think so...)

Or else they would've had Horvat (or whoever they pick at that spot), do pretty bad with patch jobs this season, tank next year (potentially get McDavid) and they would've had a bunch of good prospects in the system. Including being in the running for McDavid.

Edit: In addition, Schneider will make it hard for the team to truly tank... which will probably force them to be stuck in mediocrity for a while unless they draft really well.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Will be going to the game, first time ever for me :D Bought the tickets from our very own ACC1224! Hope the Leafs can put up a good showing, Devils are playing their second game of a back to back.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The funniest part of this whole situation for the devils is that they got ****ed in the worst possible way. They lose a potential lottery pick this year, and Kolvachuk left aswell LOLLL. I honestly feel so bad for the fanbase.

I don't. This team was going to to SCF it seemed every year back in the mid to late 90's or at the very least deep into the playoffs and every year you would see empty seats all over the place. That fan base has been taking the Devils for granted for years.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Looking very forward to seeing Clarkson on the second line if he truly is playing there.
I expect a strong game from him now that he is finally getting out of the shutdown role.
Kind of wish Reimer was starting, it's games against weak offensive teams like this where he can smell the shutout and just shuts the door.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
This should be the first game where we come out flying to start the game (hopefully we dominate....) We've had a week off, and NJ is playing in their back-2-back where they beat a horrible philly team.

PLEASE play a full damn game for once... and can we hurry up and get to puck-drop!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Will be going to the game, first time ever for me :D Bought the tickets from our very own ACC1224! Hope the Leafs can put up a good showing, Devils are playing their second game of a back to back.

Don't leave any gum under the seats. ;)

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I don't. This team was going to to SCF it seemed every year back in the mid to late 90's or at the very least deep into the playoffs and every year you would see empty seats all over the place. That fan base has been taking the Devils for granted for years.
Them and Colorado both, it's pretty sad. In the Sakic/Forsberg/Roy era they sold out all the time, but now they rarely ever get full capacity, even this season with all their young stars and successful start.

Don't leave any gum under the seats. ;)

:laugh:

koka86yanzi

Jan 9, 2013
Devils will forfeit a first round pick between 2011 and 2014, 2011 third round pick as penalty for circumvention of the salary cap in the rejected initial signing of Ilya Kovalchuk on 2010-07-19. Since this is the last year for the Devils to comply, they will forfeit their 2014 first round pick.

Thanks! Holy did the devils get screwed by the whole kovalchuk signing...

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Sister is going to the game had to give her one of my leafs jerseys.

If they don't win she is excommunicated from the family. She's not a member of HF but I still hope she reads this.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
will 24/7 series show us beginning of season, Bolland's injury, Clarkson's return to N.J. ? Or is it mostly just before the BIG game?

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
@jonasTSN1050: Randy Carlyle just had a very brief chat with Morgan Rielly. Based on combos this morning, would appear he'll sit tonight against NJ.

@markhmasters: Bernier takes home net at Leafs morning skate; expected to start tonight v Schneider, Devils

Iskandm004

Jun 14, 2007
Confirmed Tonights lineups:

Lupul JVR Kessel
Raymond Kadri Clarkson
Bodie Mac Kulemin
Orr Smitheson Maclaren

Phaneuf Gunnerson
Franzon Gardiner
Fraser Ranger

Bernier

Penalty Kill Icing*

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 24m
Leafs firing pucks with Lupul standing in front. Maybe not a good idea'r. pic.twitter.com/r2xYzvjBO5

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad