GDT: New Jersey @ M*A*S*H* (aka Leafs) | Nov 8 | TSN | 7:30est | Honouring Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Even though it's been a week, this is still the rebound game from Vancouver. I think they'll play well tonight.

Has the Starter been hinted at yet?

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I'd be shocked if there was a deal done before Friday/Saturday. Simply because NHL GM's are an opportunistic bunch and they know Toronto needs a Center, I don't think Nonis will overpay to get us out of a 3-6 week stretch where we'll be without our top 2 centers. We may not go 10-5 but we won't fall out of the race. I like the way this team was built and I hope they don't make any major changes.

3-6 weeks? alot more probably. I'd be shocked too. Nonis won't spend picks or prospects to replaced Bolland.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I think JVR will be good at center. Maybe even exceed expectations, but it's in the face-off it will hurt. I think McClement will have alot of ice time coming up. Lots of changes on the fly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Very excited for this Home Opener! Excited to see all the changes we made in the off-season!

:sarcasm:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Much like the Rangers, the Devils are definitely going to be rebounding. On paper, they don't look like a team that is contending for a lottery pick. We're going to have to start playing more consistently.

What? The Devils are terrible on paper. Who do they have? A washed up Jagr and Elias? Lol, that's not a lottery team? They are terrible.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
What? The Devils are terrible on paper. Who do they have? A washed up Jagr and Elias? Lol, that's not a lottery team? They are terrible.

they can be at the bottom of the league, but it wont help them with a lottery pick. Seeing as they have no pick this year :laugh:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Is that line-up for sure? I really want Franson to be sat.... I'd also sit anybody not named Phaneuf or Gardiner before I sit Rielly :(

I want Franson and Ranger to get a kick in the but and start playing better like they can, I think Franson could really use the game off in particular.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
hey leaf fans

I know that this is the GDT for the devils game, But since Bernier is playing tonight is it safe to say that Reimer is in for tomorrow?

making the GDT and need the lineup

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Is that line-up for sure? I really want Franson to be sat.... I'd also sit anybody not named Phaneuf or Gardiner before I sit Rielly :(

I want Franson and Ranger to get a kick in the but and start playing better like they can, I think Franson could really use the game off in particular.

I think Franson looks a lot better with Fraser. He'll be fine. Reilly or Ranger sit.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Devils will forfeit a first round pick between 2011 and 2014, 2011 third round pick as penalty for circumvention of the salary cap in the rejected initial signing of Ilya Kovalchuk on 2010-07-19. Since this is the last year for the Devils to comply, they will forfeit their 2014 first round pick.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
hey leaf fans

I know that this is the GDT for the devils game, But since Bernier is playing tonight is it safe to say that Reimer is in for tomorrow?

making the GDT and need the lineup

I am not 100% sure if Bernier is playing tonight, but if he is then Reimer will get the start tomorrow.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Devils will forfeit a first round pick between 2011 and 2014, 2011 third round pick as penalty for circumvention of the salary cap in the rejected initial signing of Ilya Kovalchuk on 2010-07-19. Since this is the last year for the Devils to comply, they will forfeit their 2014 first round pick.

nice! i didnt want to explain the ordeal loll

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

Still no idea why Lou decided not to forfeit the 2012 one which was 29th overall. Unless he was really targeting Stefan Matteau as a player he wanted.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I think Franson looks a lot better with Fraser. He'll be fine. Reilly or Ranger sit.

I think he will since Fraser doesn't pinch and focuses almost solely on playing well defensively (something we're missing in our line-up outside of our top pair, even though I don't like Fraser I know we need another defenseman like him... hopefully better though).

But just because he looks better with a DFD, doesn't mean he should play over Rielly.... I just want to preach accountability. Franson has repeatedly made bad pinches and left Rielly out to dry (even acknowledging it twice I believe to media) and needs to improve his defensive game.

At this point I want him traded as he's been awful defensively (Franson for Couturier? please?)

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Still no idea why Lou decided not to forfeit the 2012 one which was 29th overall. Unless he was really targeting Stefan Matteau as a player he wanted.

To convince Parise he was in win-now mode... If that move had made Parise decide to stay (which he clearly wasn't)... It would've been a good move, but it seemed Parise always knew he would leave so they should've forfeited it then... the 29th pick won't even be ready for 2-3 years.

He wanted to be bold and convince Parise to stay, but it was a horrible idea.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
The funniest part of this whole situation for the devils is that they got ****ed in the worst possible way. They lose a potential lottery pick this year, and Kolvachuk left aswell LOLLL. I honestly feel so bad for the fanbase.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa

yeah that's weird. He had to know he would draft higher for the next 3/4 years then drafting 29th. There's no way he expected his team to draft last witch comes with the CUP! No way!

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario

The funniest part of this whole situation for the devils is that they got ****ed in the worst possible way. They lose a potential lottery pick this year, and Kolvachuk left aswell LOLLL. I honestly feel so bad for the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad