GDT: New Jersey @ M*A*S*H* (aka Leafs) | Nov 8 | TSN | 7:30est | Honouring Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yfbwGTH.jpg

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
the keys for victory of this game:

We need to not take stupid penalties. I don't think it will be as bad as it was in Vancouver - but I think we need to play our physical game without being overly dumb.

We also need to score - this will help

But I think the most important thing is - we 100 percent need to commit to assignments now. We can not play loose and fancy free. We need to think short, clean passes, stop with the excessive turnovers, and just play smart, because we are hurting now. We have two games in hand - it's very rare that we get those, so we need to cash this one into a two point (regulation) win.

BayStreetBullies*

Good job on the GDT. But a few corrections...

Schneider
van Riemsdyk
Gunnarsson

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I don't get why this is so small - but good to know so i can retweak the Boston GDT.
Leafs @ Knight... why?! lol you had a whole week to do stuff!

Mr Scarface*

I'd be shocked if there was a deal done before Friday/Saturday. Simply because NHL GM's are an opportunistic bunch and they know Toronto needs a Center, I don't think Nonis will overpay to get us out of a 3-6 week stretch where we'll be without our top 2 centers. We may not go 10-5 but we won't fall out of the race. I like the way this team was built and I hope they don't make any major changes.
They already did. Jarred Smithson was gotten by us real hard.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
If i'm the Leafs I wouldn't deal Reimer. Having two number 1 goalies is perfect. Every night is a chance to win. If one gets injured, you lose nothing as you have a number 1 to step in. This is a very key strength.

I wouldn't deal him just for making a trade BUT at somepoint one of them is going to have to go and if a guy like Giroux comes up and they want Reimer then no doubt about it u pull the trigger.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Finally! Got tired with watching other teams in the league play while the Leafs were on a stand still for 6 days. Really can't wait to see how this JVR at center experiment goes..

Scarlet Witch

Jun 1, 2012
Toronto
I'd be shocked if there was a deal done before Friday/Saturday. Simply because NHL GM's are an opportunistic bunch and they know Toronto needs a Center, I don't think Nonis will overpay to get us out of a 3-6 week stretch where we'll be without our top 2 centers. We may not go 10-5 but we won't fall out of the race. I like the way this team was built and I hope they don't make any major changes.

I would be shocked if there was a deal done before Friday as well, considering Friday begins in 8 minutes.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Wow so we get to actually watch games again :).

I just hope that rest and practice time will pay off. Really hope this is the teams best effort of the season and they can carry that forward.

Asif16*

Need this win heading into the boston game. The hype for saturdays game will be unreal.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Theyre not very good and we play Boston tomorrow so a win is important... but then again I said the same thing last time and we ended up getting owned by Columbus and owning the Pens

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Theyre not very good and we play Boston tomorrow so a win is important... but then again I said the same thing last time and we ended up getting owned by Columbus and owning the Pens
Much like the Rangers, the Devils are definitely going to be rebounding. On paper, they don't look like a team that is contending for a lottery pick. We're going to have to start playing more consistently.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Much like the Rangers, the Devils are definitely going to be rebounding. On paper, they don't look like a team that is contending for a lottery pick. We're going to have to start playing more consistently.

Our team has been playing consistently. Consistently bad, however, they were still able to pull out wins with some top goal tending and timely scoring.

They need to up their game as a group and play a better brand of hockey that prevents them from being out shot and out worked so bad at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad