Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils vs Washington Capitals: Really Late edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Fast. Attacking. Supportive.

Loving how the team has been playing this preseason. So much speed and relentless forechecking.

Since it is preseason, it is worth what it is worth. But you guys are, iMO, heading into a joyful season.
Of course Nico is a good thing, but it seems that the whole team has started to click. "old" rookies are starting to deliver ... and it seems that all are doing it.
A winning team is much more enjoyable than a team that you have to love in spite of results.

I watched several games and your team has the mojo going on. Spectacular game. And this Washington team was a NHL team.
I wish you a linear continuation in results. ;-)

i wonder if i am not going to bandwagon a bit here ;-) after all you have 3 swiss now (nico, mirco and cory ;-) ) .
Congrats whatever

ahh! it was cool to post with this new site. first post.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So, now we wait 10 days for the regular season...

Yeah I don't get that length of a layoff myself, it's NFL-style where you finish the preseason on Thursday and don't play again till the next Sunday.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like and don't like the new forum layout. I don't really like the way the main page looks, or the pages of the forums indexes. I do love the feature that allows you to like posts though!

I found a stream for the game, and I'm glad that I can watch every game on my TV, starting next week!

I'm surprised that we didn't wind up having to hold on for dear life in this game, the only time we looked like we were getting hemmed in was for parts of the 2nd period. We got some puck luck early on, but we had 4 goals before they had 2 shots on goal.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Can't believe we have a 10 day break now.

I am SO excited for the home opener. Can't wait to see how they look when the games count. I am trying not to get too crazy here as I'll never forget the season the Detroit Lions went unbeaten in the preseason only to go 0-16 when it mattered.

With that being said, its a growth year. The games are going to be fun to watch. If Cory rebounds, it could get interesting.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Since it is preseason, it is worth what it is worth. But you guys are, iMO, heading into a joyful season.
Of course Nico is a good thing, but it seems that the whole team has started to click. "old" rookies are starting to deliver ... and it seems that all are doing it.
A winning team is much more enjoyable than a team that you have to love in spite of results.

I watched several games and your team has the mojo going on. Spectacular game. And this Washington team was a NHL team.
I wish you a linear continuation in results. ;-)

i wonder if i am not going to bandwagon a bit here ;-) after all you have 3 swiss now (nico, mirco and cory ;-) ) .
Congrats whatever

ahh! it was cool to post with this new site. first post.
I'm still not sure how many wins this new style will translate to this season, but I think the team is going to play much better than the laissez-faire turnover-fest that last season entailed.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I'm still not sure how many wins this new style will translate to this season, but I think the team is going to play much better than the laissez-faire turnover-fest that last season entailed.
Agree .. it's worth ... preseason.
But it is already not the inverse !! the team seems to click. and well.

it bodes well ! (i understand not to get carried away .. ;-) )

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I thought Wood had a strong game.

Lots of controlled zone entries, and he was part of a number of good scoring chances.

Easily his best game of the preseason.

Even though Hayes scored today, nothing he has done has been impressive enough for me to want him on the team.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I'm not a fan of Lovejoy, I just think there is no way in hell Shero and the Devils will get rid of him. The best we can hope for is LJ is the 7th Dman and frankly i dont think that is happening either. Im simply saying that the Devils have 7 Dman they can use in the NHL so there is no need for Butcher to be there just because. Also 9 game look doesnt mean anything for Butcher. Butcher WILL get NHL games this season, no question in my mind. Just leaning toward it not being in the beginning of the season.

Well, maybe LJ will get injured and not be able to play for an extended period of time.

Because playing him will screw this team . His "breakout passes" that are constantly icings. His slow foot speed that allows him to get blown by. His constant screening the goalies. His weak clears on the PK. Ugh.

Reactions: liquid1988

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Here's what the zone exits looked like. I really hope they don't keep Butcher, Mueller or Santini off the team in favor of Lovejoy. They've all been so good throughout preseason.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I like and don't like the new forum layout. I don't really like the way the main page looks, or the pages of the forums indexes. I do love the feature that allows you to like posts though!

I found a stream for the game, and I'm glad that I can watch every game on my TV, starting next week!

I'm surprised that we didn't wind up having to hold on for dear life in this game, the only time we looked like we were getting hemmed in was for parts of the 2nd period. We got some puck luck early on, but we had 4 goals before they had 2 shots on goal.
When I was an Admin here the like feature was something I kept pushing for, glad they finally came around.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Yeah I don't get that length of a layoff myself, it's NFL-style where you finish the preseason on Thursday and don't play again till the next Sunday.

I can understand it to a certain degree. A team has been shuffling personnel around during the preseason to make roster decisions that won't come until after preseason is over. Once the cuts are made, a team and spend a week or so trying to determine which guys have chemistry and which don't so that the quality of play at the beginning of the season isn't as bad as it could be. Remember a year or two ago when teams were potting 10-12 combined goals a night. It was exciting but good lord defense was terrible

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I just don't think he has shown enough to warrant a spot over guys already in the organization.

Speers has looked mediocre. McLeod hasn't shown enough to separate himself from the pack. Lappin has looked mediocre as well.

Think Hayes gets a spot as a 4RW/13th FWD. He's still young and not far removed from productive seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad