Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils vs Washington Capitals: Really Late edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Good game, good pre season. This person was more exciting to watch then any devils game last season

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Hischier just makes everyone he plays with better. He's so damn shifty and creative. 7 points in 4 games.

It's early, but he's blown Patrick out of the water to this point.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
This forward group has been infused with guys capable of driving play and gaining the offensive zone with possession. Hall, Zacha, Hischier, Johansson, and Bratt are all capable of doing this with ease, at times. Puck possession is going to be much better this season.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Butcher does need some time in Bingo I believe. I think he will be pretty solid when its all said and done. But just needs some seasoning. With Greene Severson Moore Mueller Lovejoy Santini and Prout we have the ability to let him do that also.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
This forward group has been infused with guys capable of driving play and gaining the offensive zone with possession. Hall, Zacha, Hischier, Johansson, and Bratt are all capable of doing this with ease, at times. Puck possession is going to be much better this season.
Not just that but the ability to pass and accept passes without fumbling them has increased drastically.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
I've been disappointed in Wood this preseason.

I don't think he deserves to start the year in the NHL.

Also, this new layout is so bright, hopefully they have a nightmode or I'm not going to browse here at night.

Reactions: liquid1988

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Henrique really should not be playing top 6 minutes.
Butcher does need some time in Bingo I believe. I think he will be pretty solid when its all said and done. But just needs some seasoning. With Greene Severson Moore Mueller Lovejoy Santini and Prout we have the ability to let him do that also.

Yuck, Lovejoy sucks lol. Like really badly sucks

Let Butcher get 9 games in the regular season see how he is.

Mueller has been the most consistent new addition on D and has outplayed the majority of the returning dmen.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And no points for him tonight but I think Zacha had a fantastic game. The way he's playing the game now is everything I wanted to see from him last season on a consistent basis and he's brought it every pre-season game so far. There was one play in particular where he was circling around our net, saw a forechecker coming, stopped on a dime, turned around and so quickly went around the other side and up the ice. It was awesome, just awesome.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I've been disappointed in Wood this preseason.

I don't think he deserves to start the year in the NHL.

Also, this new layout is so bright, hopefully they have a nightmode or I'm not going to browse here at night.
I thought he had a good game tonight. Made some pretty nice passing plays and was using his speed pretty effectively. I agree he didn't have a great preseason though.

Reactions: Devil X

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Henrique really should not be playing top 6 minutes.

Yuck, Lovejoy sucks lol. Like really badly sucks

Let Butcher get 9 games in the regular season see how he is.

Mueller has been the most consistent new addition on D and has outplayed the majority of the returning dmen.

I'm not a fan of Lovejoy, I just think there is no way in hell Shero and the Devils will get rid of him. The best we can hope for is LJ is the 7th Dman and frankly i dont think that is happening either. Im simply saying that the Devils have 7 Dman they can use in the NHL so there is no need for Butcher to be there just because. Also 9 game look doesnt mean anything for Butcher. Butcher WILL get NHL games this season, no question in my mind. Just leaning toward it not being in the beginning of the season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And no points for him tonight but I think Zacha had a fantastic game. The way he's playing the game now is everything I wanted to see from him last season on a consistent basis and he's brought it every pre-season game so far. There was one play in particular where he was circling around our net, saw a forechecker coming, stopped on a dime, turned around and so quickly went around the other side and up the ice. It was awesome, just awesome.

He made a pass into the zone in the 1st period that blew my mind. He looks great

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
We've learned a lot this preseason. The majority of what we've learned is positive. Perhaps the best thing is the fact Hischier and Zacha may be blossoming into our #1 and 2 centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad